Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had just under 1" of snow overnight and it had melted in most places except in the shade where my driveway is located - a quick shoveling and I'm good to go - it was still icy in the shade so had to be careful especially going down the driveway - returning home not so bad but still a few icy patches around - last thing I'd need would be to dump the bike in the backyard and then explain to the wife while it is still good riding weather even though the temps barely got above freezing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The roads here in Winnipeg are still a bit to messy for me. I'm chomping at the bit to go for a ride, my bike is cleaned tuned and ready to go.

Can't wait

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Snow is dropping fast here. Been above freezing and raining for the past 2 days. That should help clean the remaining salt from the roads but there are still substantial snowbanks and at least a foot covering my lawn. As long as we don't get any more snow I might be able to start taking her to work in the next few weeks. Still too much of a chance for ice right now if I leave in the morning and it's below freezing. At least it's warm enough to start getting her tuned up and ready.

The itch is getting stronger.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SNIP - Still too much of a chance for ice right now if I leave in the morning and it's below freezing. QUOTE]

As I was driving south along country roads this afternoon it was pucker time - snow that had melted earlier had turned to slush and ice - just pick a dark spot and coast through - but still would have done it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts