Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the purchase of a 2006 Stratoliner with 3K miles. My current ride is a Suzuki C50 and is nice but I am looking for a more relaxed ride on the highways. I do 90% of my riding commuting back and forth to work on the expressway, so hence the interest in the Stratoliner. Decision time this coming week. Great forum.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Go for it! Do it. You won't regret it I'm sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Go for it..LIKE nite an day difference...Had 2 of the LC1500 a new 99 and a new 2001, Very nice bike,s. But the Stratoliner is a beast compared to the Suz.. You will lov it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Liner

Kinderedsppirit,

I have 52,000 on my 06 Stratoliner. Lots of long trips. It's the bike for me. At highway speed a rock on the throtttle will give you a strong pull to get away from cars. Bike easly run highway speed all day. It is as smooth as any V Twin. Weight is low and handling is very good. Easy to handle the 750 lbs bike. Lots of accessories becomming available. Has been trouble free.

You will want lowers to cancel out turbulence behind the wind shield at highway speed. Posture is typical Cruiser, leaning forward with hands way apart. I went for some small risers. Noise from the big intakes is high on the highway. If air box has been opened up it will be really noisey.

As much torque as any Cruiser more than most. If you push it the tire life will suffer.

There are a few problems with early bikes but most trouble free. I have only spent money for accessories and maitenance, tires, fluids, brakes. That's it.

Scroll down to "Known Liner problems." On this link.

http://www.linerwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts