Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..

I learned to ride just this year and my first motorcycle is a 1999 V-Star 650. I thought this forum might help me learn a few things about bikes in general and the V Star in specific.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
G'Day

G'Day Bill T

I joined just the forum around the same time as you. I have bought a 98 Dragstar (has Vstar on the tank) but on the rego papers has Dragstar? I'm looking forward to getting it on the road after some cosmetic work. I'm just getting back into riding after a long time and in Australia here the 650 Vstar has a great reputation, especially for for leaning on. They are pretty hard to come across as people hold onto them and they hold their value. All the best with the new bike mate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcome folks!

Aussielad,
I hope you get out on the road soon.. The weather is changing here so riding time is becoming more limited... I just learned this weekend how important warmer gloves are! My summer ventilated ones just aren't enough when its 55 or less... ;-) Another excuse to shop at the local Bike stores!

See you around the forum..

Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kitwit54 good, simple advice!
I can already feel the difference in my confidence, but dont want to become complacent... My brother-in-law just had a serious injury and he has been riding over 30 years.. No one else involved, just wrong place at wrong time, and a bit of sand/gravel at 50mph.. He has been wearing his neck/body brace and "halo" on his head due to 3 ruptured vertebrae... I dont think you can ever be too cautious! I saw him this weekend and he asked me to promise to ride with him next Spring ;-) I am sure he can teach me a lot.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Kitwit54 good, simple advice!
I can already feel the difference in my confidence, but dont want to become complacent... My brother-in-law just had a serious injury and he has been riding over 30 years.. No one else involved, just wrong place at wrong time, and a bit of sand/gravel at 50mph.. He has been wearing his neck/body brace and "halo" on his head due to 3 ruptured vertebrae... I dont think you can ever be too cautious! I saw him this weekend and he asked me to promise to ride with him next Spring ;-) I am sure he can teach me a lot.
Looks like he already gave you one lesson. Glad he's on the mend and looking forward to spring rides. Gotta love the "get right back on that horse" attitude.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stratowart... yeah.. he is quite a guy. Cant wait to get on the road with him next year. Of course, next to his Heritage Soft tail, my 650 is kind of a "mini-me" lol Maybe there is an 1100 in my future.. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts