Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I've put sta-bil in the tanks and plugged up the battery tenders.

Later this week, they go on the trailer and get taken up to the shop for winter storage. Then I bring the snowblower & plow back down here from 'summer' storage. Sigh.

Registered
Oh i know that feeling all too well. I'll be doing the same this week. First will be an oil/filter change then add in the fuel stabilizer; battery tender is ready to go, storage cover and last thing will be putting the bike up on my jack to keep the wheels off the cold cement floor in the garage. Sad day indeed馃槬

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Registered
Vstarjoe -

Not sure what you mean. Just plain old "sta-bil" (the red stuff) from the auto parts store... Didn't know there was more than one kind.
They also make a line designed for marine applications. It is more of a blue in color. That's all I use. Its labeled as specifically made for ethanol fuels.

Registered
So I've put sta-bil in the tanks and plugged up the battery tenders.

Later this week, they go on the trailer and get taken up to the shop for winter storage. Then I bring the snowblower & plow back down here from 'summer' storage. Sigh.
Did you just pour it into the tank or did you run the engines long enough for it to get into the carbs. Just putting it in the tank doesn't protect the entire fuel system.

Registered
Did you just pour it into the tank or did you run the engines long enough for it to get into the carbs. Just putting it in the tank doesn't protect the entire fuel system.

I buy a regular fuel stabilizer and i add it to my full tank and yes i run up the bike for about 8-10 minutes so it gets into the lines and carbs. In the Spring ill throw in some Sea Foam before I start her up again

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Premium Member
*sniffle* That's so sad...

In other news, Mass is going to get to 70 today and I'm going for a ride while I still can...

Registered
Got off work early yesterday. Went home and decided to enjoy the 78degree weather on the bike instead of the lawn mower. Told the wife I would have more chances to cut the grass between now and spring than I would have for warm riding days. She said, "You are correct, Go enjoy your ride" God I love that woman!!!

Registered
I feel your pain

Put my bike away for the year on Saturday. The upshot is this is the latest in October I've ever ridden in Alaska. Just too bad its been raining almost non-stop since late August. Still, I've got a nice warm dry garage to clean and give it a little TLC during the long snowy months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts