Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Accessories

Like the title states I want to see what accessories you have on your SVTC. Where did you get them? How do you like them. Be honest. It is time to start the customizing. The bike is pretty loaded so not much more that I really want.. lol. I am adding the heated passenger grips and tall rider back rest. I am hoping they come in by next week. I plan on having the 600 miles on it this weekend so I can take it on my day off next week to have them installed.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Here are shots taken today (8/24/2018, while out riding, and then taking a coffee break. These shots show all my installed accessories.

Left mouse click on the pic. Then do the same on the second pic...and you will get full screen resolution and detail.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte, out and about....

“Out riding and THEN taking a coffee break.”??
If you had a cup holder you could do both! 😁

·
Registered
809 Posts
"ah...but I STILL have to load the cup...! LOLOLOLOL Tim Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooortons, forever! Dark Roast....two creams....ah...Dark Roast and SVTC's , go hand 'n hand....." :)

Oh...while I was sittin' on the curb...sucking back that extra large...yep...you know it....three brochures went outta the top trunk....I have to reload.... ;)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
"ah...but I STILL have to load the cup...! LOLOLOLOL Tim Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooortons, forever! Dark Roast....two creams....ah...Dark Roast and SVTC's , go hand 'n hand....." /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Oh...while I was sittin' on the curb...sucking back that extra large...yep...you know it....three brochures went outta the top trunk....I have to reload.... /forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
You do know that a light roast has much more caffeine than dark right? The roasting process destroys the caffeine. If you drank a lighter roast you’d need less to achieve your “spasmodic condition”! 😂🤣

·
Registered
809 Posts
You do know that a light roast has much more caffeine than dark right? The roasting process destroys the caffeine. If you drank a lighter roast you’d need less to achieve your “spasmodic condition”! 😂🤣
That's the last thing my personality-out-of-the-womb needs is more caffeine, lol. I go for the flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavor, and only that...lol. Right....;)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
That last thing my personality-out-of-the-womb needs is more caffeine, lol. I go for the flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavor, and only that...lol. Right..../forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
I hear ya! After 20 yrs Navy when standing a mid-watch, the coffee at around 3:30am (It was made at 5:30pm and has been cooking down since then) was too thIck to drink & too thin to chew so you weren’t quite sure WHAT to do with it. Ya kinda chewed it and swallow at the same time! A 40oz mug of that, a Camel non filter AND a dip in at the same time and you was bouncing off the walls like a ball in a Pachinko Machine!
Because of that, I will only drink gourmet coffee, and it CANNOT be “unleaded”!
Not a coffee snob, it’s just that I paid my “swill” dues for many years!

·
Registered
448 Posts
"ah...but I STILL have to load the cup...! LOLOLOLOL Tim Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooortons, forever! Dark Roast....two creams....ah...Dark Roast and SVTC's , go hand 'n hand....." :)

Oh...while I was sittin' on the curb...sucking back that extra large...yep...you know it....three brochures went outta the top trunk....I have to reload.... ;)

Our lowers are installed differently.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
They installed your collector/deflector panels, upside down.

The 45 degree cut back and flair should be at the top, and the bottom strait should be at the bottom for maximum collection at the bottom
Then it looks like the installation instructions are wrong. Figures 4 and 5 show the straight edge positioned at the top. You can kinda see it also in figure 2.

I've attached a picture of figure 5 - the best I could do since I've never found an electronic copy of the installation instructions. Not the best picture but it gets the point across.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Then it looks like the installation instructions are wrong. Figures 4 and 5 show the straight edge positioned at the top. You can kinda see it also in figure 2.

I've attached a picture of figure 5 - the best I could do since I've never found an electronic copy of the installation instructions. Not the best picture but it gets the point across.
Well, running the flair at the bottom or top, will not cause any damage to the deflector.

It could also be seen as a 'styling choice' by the owner, as to where he/she wants the 45 degree flair edge. So, if Bufcan is good with his installation, that's all that matters, truly!

·
Registered
448 Posts

Well, running the flair at the bottom or top, will not cause any damage to the deflector.

It could also be seen as a 'styling choice' by the owner, as to where he/she wants the 45 degree flair edge. So, if Bufcan is good with his installation, that's all that matters, truly!
After extensive, extensive research (I looked on Yamaha's web site). I determined that I agree with Mortimerr and Yamahaparexcellence. I do believe mine are on correct and I also dont see that it makes much difference either way. As long as the owner is happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Trailer Wiring Harness now available

Electrical Connections now has the harness for the Venture/Eluder. There is a very limited quantity but said they should have more in a few weeks. You may or may not need the 5 to 4 converter. It's your trailer lights that determine if you need it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Electrical Connections now has the harness for the Venture/Eluder. There is a very limited quantity but said they should have more in a few weeks. You may or may not need the 5 to 4 converter. It's your trailer lights that determine if you need it.
Thx for that info bucfan11, I appreciate it.
I won’t be getting my hitch and trailer till next year, but I’ll save the info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts