Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I'm hoping somebody can give me advise/help. I have a 2010 XV1900 Raider and the previous owner put LED lights under the tank edges and under the rear fender chrome trim which were hooked up directly to the battery with a switch zip tied to the breather hose near the left side cover. I am replacing the LEDs with blue and would love to connect to the aux light switch on the right side handle bar. Where is the wiring to that switch? I found an aux. flat 2 prong plug under the seat but that is direct power and ground. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Also, on a different subject, I would love to post pics but I keep getting "image too big" messages. From what I have read the click and drag under the text is supposed to "automagically" resize but it doesn't.
Thanks in advance!:grin:

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
I suggest picking up the power from a key on switch location. Mine are wire thru driving light circuit. That way you can't accidentally leave the accessory on and come out to a dead battery, yes that's experience speaking. Any small switch would work as LED pull very little voltage

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
To post pictures I use imgbb

https://imgbb.com

Just open, start upload, choose picture, upload, copy full bb code. There is not a limit size restriction. Try it and let me know how it works for you.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I use the site Les posted. It may sound complicated, but it really isn't and once you do it a couple of times it's real easy. Once you copy the code just paste it in your post. Works like a charm and it's free.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I would recommend a relay to verify it could only be on when the ignition is on. I installed one that is controlled by the 12vdc from the headlights and it closes the circuit straight from the battery. That new circuit is running some new things I installed so I wouldn't overload an existing circuit. Heated grips is the primary thing but someday I'll also add a real horn. A switch to control the LED's is an easy thing to add if you don't always want them on. My 2 cents.

https://www.amazon.com/PACK-AMP-Waterproof-Relay-Harness/dp/B074QV54V1/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=12+volt+relay&qid=1552847421&s=gateway&sr=8-17

1 - 7 of 7 Posts