Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about putting an accessory power plug on my bike for charging my cell phone, GPS or iPod, instead of a cig lighter type I would like to make it a USB plug since most everything is USB now...

I've checked around with no luck finding what I need, has anyone done something like this? If so where can I find info on doing it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ive never seen just a USB charger. My I Phone came with a short regular cig. lighter with a USB port at the end.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's been the problem, I haven't been able to find them, I figured they were made since some newer cars come with built in USB ports.

My next step is to try and build my own.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
473 Posts
That's been the problem, I haven't been able to find them, I figured they were made since some newer cars come with built in USB ports.

Thanks guys!
I just found something called USBBuddy from Power Werx that might work for ya

·
Registered
473 Posts
....And come to think of it my fairing has a port with a USB port. It looks like a regular cig plug but when you open the flap its just a USB port and a small aux. port.

·
Registered
342 Posts

Thanks guys!
I posted a link to one in my first post.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found something called USBBuddy from Power Werx that might work for ya
That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much, many heads are better than one!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im a little late, however thought its worth a mention. I have one of these and love it. Just note that most GPS units take a different connection then the micro usb connector that most phones use. If you look at Walmart, they have a cord tha will support both micro and mini Usb connections. So you only need to carry one cord..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts