Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only one mouth into 2017 6 bikers killed around here. One was on a crotch rocket, two days ago and lot of people
on local ride page was negative just because it was a crotch rocket.
There was no news reports with the details but they thought he deserved it only because of what he was riding?

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
No one deserves to die riding no matter what they're on. I've seen countless crotch rocket riders do the stupidest stuff, but never wished they'd been killed while riding. One death is still too many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
That is terrible. Sorry to hear that.

It shouldn't matter what you're riding, of course. That's a tragedy. As motorcyclists we're all susceptible to severe injury, and even death, every time we set out on the road.

My brother rides a "crotch rocket", but he is a safe rider. He also owns a dirt bike. Sport bikes and dirt bikes are just what he prefers. He likes the weight to power ratio of super sport bikes. He loves the fact that they are tuned for performance, and maneuverability.

It doesn't matter what you ride, just that you ride. More of us, less of the cagers. Being a motorcyclist has made me a more vigilant cager. I try to always be aware of my surroundings, every moment.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ya, know; just last night I was watching a bunch of videos of crowds of sport-bike riders doing the stupidest stuff. Not just disregarding the police, but taunting them, high-speed riding in traffic (I'm talking 90+) and other show-off stuff. I don't want to see anyone die, but if you do I can only say "what did you expect?"

We run enough risks just being on two wheels. What kind of idiot wants to exacerbate that risk by acting stupid?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I have been watching those same videos, I NEVER want anyone to get hurt or especially die, but when you act stupid like that I have no sympathy for you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've always believed that to a large degree, we make our own luck.
I started riding motorbikes when I was 18, I was stupid and crashed often. eventually I lost my license for quite a while so I gave up bikes and got a car.
I decided to start riding again when I was in my thirties and approached it with a much more disciplined attitude. I've been back on the road for about twenty five years now and only had two very minor incidents with no injuries. Sure we can all get unlucky, but the way some of these sports bike riders use the road makes me cringe. And it's not just the deaths, one of my mates kids had a bad crash and he's been on pain killers for a few years now and will never run again. There's no glory in crippling yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts