Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of threads about lowering a seat, but nothing about RAISING a seat for a taller guy. Anybody tried this or have a link to a tutorial? I have the Silverado 2-piece Rider Passenger combo. I thought maybe if I found an old single long Rider/Passenger seat that maybe I could add padding and make it where I might gain height and slide back a bit further.
Like this type
Bicycle part Electric blue Leather Synthetic rubber Metal

Just a thought. Truth is I'm ok on the stock seat with my seat pad. And I dont really do long distance anymore.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2015 V Star 950, 2013 Suzuki S40, 1967 Yamaha YSC1, 2022 KTM 690 SMC-R
505 Posts
I sent my 950 seats to Russell Cycle, they raised the seating position about 2" up and set it back about 2", so now I can stretch out comfortably.

·
Registered
2003 650 Classic
34 Posts
The Russell cycle option seems like great work but is pricey, especially once you factor in shipping there and back. Can’t just find an upholstery person locally to do the same and skip the shipping fees? Beer money!

·
Registered
2015 V Star 950, 2013 Suzuki S40, 1967 Yamaha YSC1, 2022 KTM 690 SMC-R
505 Posts
The problem with a local upholstery shop is most of them dont specialize in motorcycles, they do anything from cars to home couches, and they aren't likely to have the right foam. I had a local shop redo a seat on my other motorcycle, and the foam sagged, and just wasn't comfortable. Ended up sending it to Russell's to redo properly. They are pricy but very well worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'm with you about "pricey". I'm just looking at ideas. No WAY I am paying for a custom seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts