Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I added fairing and highway bars today to my 2007 vstar 1100 classic and wow what a difference going to wait until spring to do the exhaust so I can ride it before and after to get a feel for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
That looks great! I'm thinking of doing the same thing. But I want to get a more comfortable seat and different handlebars first. What brand of highway bars did you go with?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, thanks.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
That's right. The first one I got is a bit on the short side (7") but is good for around town cruising. I got some buffeting at highway speeds with this one. So I got another one (9") for longer trips which is a bit higher and no buffeting at all. I also got the fairing mounted lowers, makes a big difference also.

If you're thinking of changing the stock seat, take that in consideration also when you choose your screen height. I had my stocker seat on when I ordered my first screen. Thats why it was a bit on the short side when I got my mustang seat.

·
Registered
466 Posts
How does the BIKE FEEL with the addition of the BWF?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Lightweight! I remember when I had to ride my bike 50 miles, barefoot-both ways, in 2 feet of snow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the look of that fairing. I installed a mutazu universal batwing on my 1100 custom. It is a bit on the small side in my opinion, but does block the wind enough for winter riding. Well that and my heated grips. If I was to do it over, I would have chosen the vstar batwing.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
I asked how it feels because I don't ride LONG distances and wonder if I get the BWF, which looks really cool, if it will DETRACT from the FUN Factor of the wind blowing in my face (Helmet/Body).

Doe a BWF make the ride really smooth???? Why did YOU get one? looks, proptectoin from wind? What???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wanted the deflection from the win. I find a regular windshield felt like your riding with a garbage can lid on the front of your bike. I'm hoping this will be a smoother ride. I'm a big fan of riding without but until I've ridden with this the jury's out. I'm prone to 4 hour rides and it is hard on the body(neck, chest from birds bugs and all that loves to slap or whip in when you least expect it. The fact that it looks badass is the final part for me.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Bandit, if you still want that "bug in your face" feeling with a fairing, just get a smaller windscreen. When I first got my fairing, I had a smaller 7 inch windscreen. It gave me just enough bugs in my teeth to keep me happy but the buffeting was a bit on the not comfortable side. I'm 5'10" and have the 9 inch windscreen and all is great.
My 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts