Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. I just got a 2007 vstar 1100 with 2500 kms. It came with cobra slash down pipes. I'm a little old for this kind of noise level. I'm wondering if the Q-baffles for the cobra pipes will calm them down to friendly neighbor level or will I have to find some stock pipes to do that. I have a friend who said if the baffles don't work I could stuff something in the baffles to reduce the noise. What would I stuff them with? YouTube has several videos on riders drilling out the end baffles on their stock pipes. I can't really get a sense if the sound is good or mousey. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You can get baffle material at most bike shops. It is similar to fiberglass batt material used for home insulation.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought the Cobra slash-cut exhaust for my 2009 1100 Classic hoping for a little more power and a little more rumble. I started riding in 1966 and at 65, you're right, They're at a very annoying level of noise. I tried the extra packing and there was no difference. If you just got the bike, I would suggest buying a new set of quieter pipes as I really doubt you will quiet those pipes and it will save you alot of time and experimenting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right. I got back from a ride an hour ago and my ears are still ringing. I think I'll go get that pair of stock pipes I saw on kijiji for $150. My son will think I'm an old fart but I guess I am (chuckle). thanks guys

·
Registered
778 Posts
You're right. I got back from a ride an hour ago and my ears are still ringing. I think I'll go get that pair of stock pipes I saw on kijiji for $150. My son will think I'm an old fart but I guess I am (chuckle). thanks guys
I'd trade you if I knew they would fit a 950

1 - 7 of 7 Posts