Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a good aftermarket parts supplier to get a sissy bar/passenger backrest for my bike. hopefully one that ships to canada.
pricing out the one from yamaha-motor.ca
from them its all expensive separate pieces
backrest pad=$300
sidearms =$463
backrest upright $262
hardware kit $80
TOTAL $1250 AFTER TAX BEFORE SHIPPING

maybe my wife will be happy just jogging along side of the bike

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
I ordered a complete sissy bar with pad and brackets from norcalbikeparts,com for my wife’s 950. Complete kit with free shipping was $174.00. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,428 Posts
I have a plan for you. Take a few days off, come down to US. Buy the set @Keith Post is talking about and put it on. Then ride back. Any money left from the $1250 you can use to buy something else. Then you repeat the process. See how well that works out, it's paying you to ride. Seriously, I know importing parts can get expensive, but $1250 down to $174 is a big difference. I've seen the one on @PI.GIRL (Keith's better half) bike and it looks really nice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a plan for you. Take a few days off, come down to US. Buy the set @Keith Post is talking about and put it on. Then ride back. Any money left from the $1250 you can use to buy something else. Then you repeat the process. See how well that works out, it's paying you to ride. Seriously, I know importing parts can get expensive, but $1250 down to $174 is a big difference. I've seen the one on @PI.GIRL (Keith's better half) bike and it looks really nice.
My youngest son finds it comfortable.... he wants us to go riding all the time, when it's nice weather... He just sits back and relaxes against the backrest.... thank you Les.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Or you could order it from ebay....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Jim,

I ordered one of the eBay backrests. It was pretty nice. One word of caution, the one I ordered would not fit with my Mustang seat as the uprights were way too narrow so be forewarned. When I contacted Cobra about their backrest and rack I was informed that their's would not fit with a Mustang either. Just some information to help. Ride safe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just my 2 cents but I wish when i got my bike I had the option on the quick release but mine had a factory sissy bar on it . Might want to look into a used one . There out there and affordable. The cobra I have seen the uprights crack and break over time. The factory uprights are definitely more solid but yes new $$$$. Look for a used one complete. they fit all years .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just my 2 cents but I wish when i got my bike I had the option on the quick release but mine had a factory sissy bar on it . Might want to look into a used one . There out there and affordable. The cobra I have seen the uprights crack and break over time. The factory uprights are definitely more solid but yes new $$$$. Look for a used one complete. they fit all years .
What years should I search for used

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that any 2007 -2015 vstar 1300 regardless of sub model like my deluxe?
If so it would be easier to find one.
Thanks for taking the time to reply

·
Registered
248 Posts
From what I can find the Vstar 950 and the 1300 used the same mounting , so I would say you could use any of them........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts