Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My name is JR. I'm 51 and like I said in the title, just got licensed through a MSF course 20180801_201019_1534601884307.jpg and a new to me bike. I have an 04 Vstar 1100 classic to match my wife's 05. Living in Utah right now. Glad to have found this forum and can't wait to learn more about my bike, riding, and tricks and tips about our "metric" bikes.

Attachments

·
2,504 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, and to the wonderful world of motorcycling. Nice looking bike. I also have an 1100 and they're a perfect bike to start out on. Easy to ride, dependable, and versatile enough to run around town or take to the highway. You found the best place to learn all about your new ride and share tips and experiences. There's a great community here of friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable people who will be happy to give you help or advice.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
thats the way to do it: MSF course, license, Yamaha Vstar.

Did the same thing 5 years ago when I was 55. 31k miles on my 650 now and loving every minute.

BTW if the photos from your phone end up leaning to the west like that

open the photo on your computer, rotate it till its vertical, and save it on your computer with a different file name. If you open it and the computer automagically rotates it the correct way, save it with a different file name anyway

then drag it on the "drag and drop" box here, and it should be spun around pointing north.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks KCW, I thought that was kinda strange. fd757, we live in Ogden. My wife and I just adore Oregon. Can't wait until we are better riders so we can start making rides up to your neck of the woods. Safe roads all.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,470 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Hi jr!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee.
Congrats on the new purchase, nice looking bike. Looking forward to your input. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome and have fun. Never been to Utah but it's on the bucket list. I'm sure there is some spectacular riding out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Signing up for Meet & Great in Waynesville for Sept and also plan on attending Wheels thru time on Friday.
Should be making hotel reservation today at Waynesville Inn.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Welcome from the Netherlands! Nice ride too!

Kind regards, Wim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts