Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has tried the bullet or cone air filter on their vstar. I almost got a Bolt but the huge filter protruding was a comfort issue for my right leg. Don’t wanna introduce the same issue to my 1100.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,507 Posts
Most 1100 owners have gone to under tank pods for intake modification.

·
Registered
909 Posts
My 1100 has a Baron thin profile intake (with the BAK)... it's not obtrusive but jeez the damned cover is a slab of billet and weighs about 2.5 lbs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Thanks. I know there are tons of accessories out there to sift through. I wanna set mine apart from others. It’ll be a couple months. Got a big vacation coming.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Using the cobra powrflo on my 950, it sits more flush than the stock air intake, but it does weigh a ton. And the screws go in the back, really annoying, but atleast I don't have to take it off often.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Using the cobra powrflo on my 950, it sits more flush than the stock air intake, but it does weigh a ton. And the screws go in the back, really annoying, but atleast I don't have to take it off often.
I have a PowerFlo on my 1300 Tourer.
I bought a 3/8 ratcheting wrench, makes it a lot easier to get it off & on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you had comfort issues with the stock air cover then you might want to stay away from the spike air cleaner. they stick out quite a bit as well.

I only had issues with the Bolt’s air filter when I sat on it. It’s a smaller bike than the 1100 and I’m 6’1. From the pics it doesn’t look like it would bother me on the 1100. Seeing it installed tho it looks a little more gaudy than I may like... 🤔

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you had comfort issues with the stock air cover then you might want to stay away from the spike air cleaner. they stick out quite a bit as well.

I only had issues with the Bolt’s air filter when I sat on it. It’s a smaller bike than the 1100 and I’m 6’1. From the pics it doesn’t look like it would bother me on the 1100. Seeing it installed tho it looks a little more gaudy than I may like... 🤔
. Does look mean tho. Decisions. Decisions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts