Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put one on a Roadstar? Looking for reviews, feedback, any info I can find. I've been looking into putting one on my 1700.

Thanks and good riding to you!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've been considering the memphis shades Batwing. At first I was a little skeptical because it is so much cheaper than any other fairing out there , but my local dealership has on set up on a v-star 1100 classic and it is actually a really nice unit. It only comes in black , but you can paint it any color you want. It's about $450 all together with the mounts and compared to corbin thats a steal. It will also accept harley 3 bolt windshields so you can get different size windshields for it. The corbin is also very nice , it just depends how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at that one too. I'm also looking at the ones they have on flea-bay. I wish I could find one that I could actually look at in person. You say you have actually seen the Memphis Shade model?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes, I have actually seen the memphis shades and it is a nice piece especially for the price. I have a memphis shades fats on my liner and they are good quality. I was thinking of switching to the batwing because I like the look of a fairing but I don't want to spend $1500. If I go with the batwing I can switch between the batwing and windshield.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you want a batwing i just put one on my 03 roadstar from Recklessmotorcycles.com it comes with cutout for stereo and choice of speakers, excellent quality fiberglass and you paint to match your bike great fit and choice of windshields check out their website.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey sorry for the delay in getting back, I got mine without the stereo and put in a sony marine unit with marine speakers, the cost was less then what they were asking and was easy to install myself, sounds great, can crank it and easily hear it at hyway speeds!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the info on the Memphis Shade one HTMNKYLVE. My wifes bike has a Memphis Shade windshield on it, and that would be a cool option to switch back and forth.

Thanks for the additional info Pinky. I'm going to look into those as well. I've also been looking at the ones that are on ebay. How does it mount on your bike? I guess what I'm wondering is, how easily can a person take it off for an evening cruise through town?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is bolted on where the factory windshield was mounted with 2 bolts on each side and i put a 4 pin flat plug on it so that i can take it off and i would say it takes less then a minute to remove it, maybe 2, very simple. I looked at a lot of fairings and i can honestly say this is well worth the money and is easy to mount and add your own stereo, in comparison to the others advertised i can't see how they could be worth 2 or 3 times the price! they're fiberglass not carbon-fiber!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts