Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody has found or made a air intake/filter housing. looking for something better & with style/attitude :cool::D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
barman84 have you run one ? I kinda like the tri-ovals but the filter looks a little thin. just wondering if anyone has seen a diff?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the barons . Mainly looking because I checked my filter after 10k & was impressed with filter area compared to my 650s. But was baffled to why do they draw air from between the hot cylinders :-o & the inlet was smaller than 1 barrel in the Tbody. This may account why the 950 makes as much TQ as a 883 HD but like 5HP less.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I modded my stock box woth a hole saw and added a hi flow K&N filter. Noticed the diff right away, centrally see the holes unless you're trying, and cost next to nothing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you have any pics ?That is what I was thinking about doing. I'm thinking of making holes in the rear to cut down on dirt(I live on a dirt rd) & rain. I was going to do the mod then K&N.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'll take some and post tomorrow. I put a 2" hole in center of black box on both front and back. It really isn't in a spot to be worried about a lot of dirt or moisture getting in and with the k&n it's even better protected. Pics asap.

·
Registered
426 Posts
do you have any pics ?That is what I was thinking about doing. I'm thinking of making holes in the rear to cut down on dirt(I live on a dirt rd) & rain. I was going to do the mod then K&N.
As you can see....hard to notice em and pretty protected from the elements

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put the LA Choppers XXX kit on mine, I like the extra pickup I get in the low range, and I'm also seeing improved mileage.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I wouldve gone with a manufacturers kit but I didnt want to buy a processor but still wanted an increase in get up. I can feel the difference for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts