Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XVS650 Custom Liquid Silver
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to everyone who replied to my last question. I came from the world of sportbikes, so im used to those kinds of exhausts (akrapovic, Yoshimura, etc.), but this is my first cruiser. Other than Vance and Hines and Cobra, what are some companies that sell slip ons for the 650, and, if you have them, what was your experience with them? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
7,636 Posts
I had V&H slip-ons on my 2007 650 Classic and was very pleased with them. Nice throaty rumble and not too loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have Screamin Eagles II on mine. Put on by po, he had to attach a length of pipe on the bottom to get them to the length he wanted. Nice sound.

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
425 Posts
I did the cheap option of modifying the stock pipes... Removed the last baffle - IMO makes the bike sound much better than stock. There is very limited resale value of the stock pipes so if you want a different sound, it might be worth your time to try the mod and see what you think. Could save yourself $$$ that you can spend on a different mod!

Reactions: Stmrjhn and Boog

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Screamin Eagles II on mine. Put on by po, he had to attach a length of pipe on the bottom to get them to the length he wanted. Nice sound. View attachment 98313
I'm really interested in how you got screaming eagle pipes on your bike. I went onto their website and it said Harleys only. What did Po do? Also that is one clean looking bike. I love it.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
You can make just about anything work, here is how you do it. First find out the diameter of your exhaust pipe, then find out which screaming eagle muffler needs that diameter pipe to attach to.
The hard part is you need to manufacture and paint whatever you need to secure the muffler to your bike.
This is how all choppers were built before everyone started building bikes off the internet. Now a build is done with premade parts forming a one piece at a time kit bike.
Use your imagination , break the parts down to basics and build what you want.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can make just about anything work, here is how you do it. First find out the diameter of your exhaust pipe, then find out which screaming eagle muffler needs that diameter pipe to attach to.
The hard part is you need to manufacture and paint whatever you need to secure the muffler to your bike.
This is how all choppers were built before everyone started building bikes off the internet. Now a build is done with premade parts forming a one piece at a time kit bike.
Use your imagination , break the parts down to basics and build what you want.
Dude. You just blew my mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts