Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on a bike, and not for speeding oh no, for leaving through a yellow light and being cought on camera.

So any mostly legal ways to make my plate illegible to traffic cameras?

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
So....I guess obeying the law is not an option?

you can put a specific type of plastic cover over it that makes it blurry to cameras, and apparently there is some type of spray as well

http://www.photoblocker.com/
In every jurisdiction with which I'm familiar, doing anything to alter/obscure the characters on a license plate is a violation of law.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eh pretty much. The fact i have never had a ticket or been pulled over means i don't drive liek a dumbass or anything, i just got caught by a stupid camera when i had to slow down real fast for some guy infront of me, and by the time i had it down into first light had JUST changed, and i was already moving.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Wait, What? So now you own a bike?
He's got like a 1100 V Star he owes a little on I believe.

Anyhow, don't pay the stupid camera ticket. It's a civil matter that doesn't give you nay points. All they do is claim they're turning you into collections and they don't even do that.

I got a speeding ticket from a camera and I never paid that fucker. **** them! If they want to pop me for an infraction have a human come after me.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
So....I guess obeying the law is not an option?

In every jurisdiction with which I'm familiar, doing anything to alter/obscure the characters on a license plate is a violation of law.
As is the case in my area, the boys here are more than happy to pull you over and issue a ticket for a license plate light out, or muddy plate, they say your plate is obscure(which it is). Good point Springer, obey the laws, then there is no problem. Pay up, and do better next time:cool:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh strat you make me laugh, did you think i was gonna go zero to liner? Not gonna lie that would be awesome though.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I've been contemplating the 'James Bond Flipping License Plate' option :D A few bits-n-pieces and some mechanical know-how should do the trick

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts
according to that site, the alteration you're doing to your license plate is only for cameras. if you get pulled over by a cop, they wouldn't notice anything except that you have a clear plastic cover as anyone looking at it can clearly tell what the plate reads. the point is, if you get caught by a camera, you're already doing one violation, and since the camera can't tell which vehicle it is because it can't read the license plate, that car won't be able to get ticketed for the first offense or the other offense of obscuring the license plate.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
according to that site, the alteration you're doing to your license plate is only for cameras.
Maybe the site can additionally offer a truly innovative product that reads:

"Green means go; red means stop; amber means prepare to stop and do not enter the intersection"

Radar detectors, tinfoil in the hubcaps (leftover from the hats, no doubt :rolleyes:), stealth sprays, bending the license plates... Never ceases to amaze the lengths and expense the gullible will go to break the law. You want to speed? Run the caution lights? Fine; most of us do it at one time or another (some of us all the time:)).

But not getting caught isn't the same as being legal. So when you do get caught, take responsibility for your actions, pay the piper and be grateful you didn't take some innocent bystanders' life by running the intersection or whatever other irresponsible action you committed.;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
YOU IN A HEEP O TROUBLE BOY!

·
Registered
404 Posts
"Green means go; red means stop; amber means prepare to stop and do not enter the intersection"
I remember when I was a kid and my sister first got her license (waaayyyy before traffic cameras, Polaroid was high-tech then), her theory was "amber means speed the hell up".:rolleyes: I don't know how many red-light tickets she got before she figured it out.

As I know from my time with the WSP, in Wisconsin any cover over your plate, front or rear, whether clear or tinted, is illegal. I told one of the kids' boyfriends that once; he didn't believe me. A week later I noticed his clear cover was gone from his car. Seems he removed it after he was pulled over and got a warning from a trooper.:)

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts
As I know from my time with the WSP, in Wisconsin any cover over your plate, front or rear, whether clear or tinted, is illegal. I told one of the kids' boyfriends that once; he didn't believe me. A week later I noticed his clear cover was gone from his car. Seems he removed it after he was pulled over and got a warning from a trooper.:)
on a somewhat related note, i used to have a radar detector in my car several years ago. kind of bought it as a novelty as i didn't really rely on it and knew most of the readings were false alarms, and out of curiosity to see where it would accurately detect a hiding cop. i was driving through Arkansas at night about 20mph above the speed limit. it was through some empty back roads, and in about 20+ years of my life of going down these roads with family and friends, i don't think we've ever seen a cop much less been pulled over. and that was without the aid of any detector.

tonight was the night i got pulled over. i don't know what Arkansas' laws were at the time regarding radar detectors, but i hadn't even had mine plugged in for months at this point as it had just got too annoying to turn on, but still had it mounted on my dash. cop comes to my window and does the whole spiel, and asks how i got caught if i had a radar detector that should have been going off like crazy. i showed him that it wasn't even plugged in, much less turned on. he was asking real nonchalantly as if he were kind of disappointed that i wasn't using it, much less did he show any concern that i had it in the first place. he almost had this attitude of 'well you should use that the next time you're on these roads so you don't get caught again'. real cool cop.

so maybe things like this plastic cover or spray or whatever would garner a different or no reaction depending on which cop pulls you over.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
garner a different or no reaction depending on which cop pulls you over.
True Bevo, if a guy is civil and respectful to the officer, that can go a long way to a "go ahead, and be careful". But once a LONG time ago, a true Barney Fife pulled me over, I was Very civil and respectful(it was hard to do;)) And the whole time I was talkin, he never broke stride writin the ticket:( So there you go, the mood of the officer does play a role, hell, maybe his ol lady had been raggin on him all day, for example. Folks, do the best you can and ride safe.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Screw those cameras. If you want to ticket me (and I'm wrong) then have a LEO cite me. The cameras are just for making money for gov't. I have a plate cover and you can't tell it's for the cameras as you can see the plate clearly.

Did you ever get caught in the intersection until the light turns. Instant ticket with the cameras.

:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in a very small town with about 1000 population. No cameras, only Andy and Barney. We have 2 stop lights in my town. Bigger towns all around me, but no cameras yet :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts