Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Well I'll get to it. I bought an 05 1100 with bub straight pipes and the carbs have been jetted (Don't know what kit was used though). I wanna put a big air kit. Any suggestions... And will any adjustments to the carbs need to be made?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I"ll check em out. The carbs have been jetted already, do I have to put in a new kit, or adjust the current?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I bought the kit from ss customs Shane. I like metric magic but I have read to many customer service complaints to want to deal with it. What a differance it made for my bike BTW... I now keep up with my buddy on his warrior and I have a full fairing and bags on my bike as wheel as a radio and speakers so I have a lot of extra weight as well. The kit comes with everything you need and nothing you don't. I priced buying it all seperately and it was close to the same then just buying the kit. Easy choice for me get everything in one swipe and not waiting for small little bits to come in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was thinking about the ss custom or dragons breath. I live about an hour or two from the guy that does the DB but hadn't seen many reviews, so I think the ss custom is the way to go. 2 questions. 1 is installing difficult? 2 which kit did you get. The one with the oil catch or without?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
458 Posts
I grew up in Clovis man so to say it well I jumped over a new Mexican to go to SS Customs... Got in 4 days from ordering as well. The install was fairly easy if you know carbs it is. I am carb retarded and got it done I think it takes more time getting the carbs out and back in then it does doing the install.

Also, I recommend the adjustment screws as you can adjust with the carbs on the bike otherwise you have to remove them to make adjustments which sucks. 20 bucks for a 3 hour headache making adjustments is money well spent.

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I got the cheap one. No vent collector for me. I used a fuel filter from autozone that's see through to do the same thing. 3 bucks

I believe 06 and up have solenoids.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts