Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been brainstorming this morning about possible future mods. One question I have that I can't find the answer to on my own...does anyone make a filter/intake for an 1100 that eliminates the airbox but is not pods? I wondering if there is a way to eliminate the box but keep the filter on the exterior? Anyone out there have any experience with doing this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
So I have been brainstorming this morning about possible future mods. One question I have that I can't find the answer to on my own...does anyone make a filter/intake for an 1100 that eliminates the airbox but is not pods? I wondering if there is a way to eliminate the box but keep the filter on the exterior? Anyone out there have any experience with doing this?

Thanks.
Just wondering how you could eliminate the air box and not use separate filters......or why you would want to? If you use a single external filter, you're going to need to use an air box of some kind.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said I am brainstorming. Been thinking recently about one day making this thing a bobber. Well personally I would like to put a smaller, more narrow tank on it. Well with the double rail frame under there its kinda hard to get a narrow tank over it. So I'm thinking if I can eliminate the double rail and just have one my tank choices would be much larger. Now with only one top tube I assume the air box would have to go? I don't know that's why I'm asking. Granted I may never do this but just asking for information.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Now with only one top tube I assume the air box would have to go? I don't know that's why I'm asking. Granted I may never do this but just asking for information.
Yes, you'd need to move and modify the air box if you plan on keeping one. I'd suggest taking the time to take the tank off the bike and take a look at what you've got under there. That will answer almost all of your questions.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed Mick, but what I was mainly wondering was if someone made an intake and filter that eliminated the box or am I looking at having to make something completely custom.
I have never done anything like this before and have no idea really what I'm doing. Right fishing for ideas.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Nothing to it....buy a pod kit and set the filters to stick out the sides. Metric Magic has a kit ready to go.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this a particular pod kit for this application or just any kit and rotate the pods so they clear the center bar?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man. Looked briefly at his site last night on my phone but didn't go that deep into it. That's a sweet mod I think. May do that anyway bobber or not!
Thanks for the help guys!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts