Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really dislike the huge air filter cover on my 2012 950. That said I hate to pay $300 for an aftermarket filter and cover. It’s just an air filter. Does anyone have a cheaper replacement for the stock chrome airfilter and cover?
FFAFC51A-531F-4312-A4D0-5B1E89B94C47.jpeg

·
Registered
'14 1300 Deluxe & '02 650 Classic
109 Posts
I have the same/similar on my 1300. That cover sure is massive. Every alternative I've found on we web was $269+ USD. I'd prefer a round one like on my 650.

·
Registered
2008 Vstar1300
404 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to have velocity stacks on my KZ1000. 4 ea, one on each carb. They were cheap. Seems that someone should make something like that for a VStar

·
Registered
'14 1300 Tourer
269 Posts
I put this on my 1300 Tourer... I'm 5' 9" 255 Lbs, no interference with my leg.

Cobra Power-Flo.

Cobra Power-Flo Air Intake Kit Yamaha V-Star 950 09-14 ...

What is a PowrFlo Air Intake System?

We have two systems. The Powrflo uses a stylish aluminum cover with a v-shaped opening with a formed stainless steel mesh. The other air intake systems are more elemental steel frames that hold on the air filter. The internal workings are the same for both styles.
What's the venturi?
We molded the inside of the K&N air filter with a venturi form that perfectly matches the machined aluminum velocity stack. This combination creates its smooth vortex air flow optimized for max power.
You use a K&N filter?
Yes, and it comes pre-oiled for immediate use. It retains the K&N warranty as well.

Reactions: PaulieBoy

·
Administrator
15,055 Posts
It’s just an air filter.
it can be. or it could be a significant area of performance. if you just want to go for smaller for the cheapest, you might want to look at something like this:

and these are a little bigger, but not much more in price and should give you even better performance gains:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts