Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 raider s and I am looking to put in a new air intake or air filter for increased performance (even if it's just a little). Does anyone know if there is an air intake you can put on a raider that will genuinely increase performance? Please feel free to post photos as well!

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can get a KN filter and keep the stock box, get a Barons BAK, Patrick Racing BAK, or google eBay for "Brains" airbox mod.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have a 2010 raider s and I am looking to put in a new air intake or air filter for increased performance (even if it's just a little). Does anyone know if there is an air intake you can put on a raider that will genuinely increase performance? Please feel free to post photos as well!
This guy sells an air kit too. Give him a call. He even has a sale going right now

http://ivansperformanceproducts.com/raider.htm

·
Registered
40 Posts
What kind of performance will this give? I was looking at the big air kit but not sure if there are any cons. I believe that Brian's mod is a lot cheaper. I have the cobra FI2000R auto tune as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok I did a lot of stuff while I had the tank off, USB charger, LED lights, BAM setup with the K&M filter, and at first very short ride not getting out of 2nd... VERY cool look with the lights and YES, a noticeable difference in HP. I cant wait to take it on a normal 4 hour ride to let the Cobra Fi2000R fuel manager get thes ettings down... I'll keep you posted. Also, I took a lot of pictures showing how I did all of it... of coarse you guys probably already know how to do it. Hah, no making fun of me...
Pictures on the way soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you haven't done it yet, get your ECU flashed by Ivan. Well worth the cost and performance is not just "noticeable" - it's more like riding a whole new bike.

Ivan's Performance Products
I know Ivan's flash made a very noticeable difference with my Bolt. I was a little skeptical at first but after reading through a 30+ page thread of reviews on the Bolt forum I knew I had to try. The biggest difference was on the highway. Like you said it's like a different bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any idea what it cost?
Doe it take the place of the Cobra Fi2000R fuel manager?
You could call Ivan and ask him. Prices are on the website. In the case of the Bolt he said I'd only need a FC if I was picky or trying to get every last bit of performance out of it.
Ivan's does FA ratio and timing. IMO FC is not worth it on the Bolt at least. That opinion come from studying all the dino charts and reading other opinions on forums.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I had it done it was $350. Ivan provided a special PCV map for my fuel controller. Read the web site or give him a call - great guy. You'll get your ECU back within a week.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I called several times hoping to speak with Ivan but a woman answers the phone. Seems knowledgeable but only gives short answers. I paid $350 to have my ECU flashed but in the instructions, they tell you how to install the ECU "with" and "without" the Cobra Fi2000R ... I specifically told her ive never done this before and I ask about details on keeping my Cobra Fi2000R hooked up.

I read in a forum or online somewhere about someone stating the Fi2000R will fine tune the bike where the flash won't. In other words, use them both. The woman told me I wouldnt notice any difference so just remove the Fi2000R and sell it... thats all i got. I ask 2 seperate occasions. I can't believe that Ivan would give instructions for hookup if it wouldn't make a difference.

Any thoughts out there?

I sent them 2 emails trying to get details if I should have my unit flashed but no response.i finally called them and she answered... Is Ivan real? Ha ha ha.... i have not really rode the bike except for 50 miles or so... NO backfire no matter how hard i tried. Very smooth ride so far.

Also I installed the BAM kit with the K&M filter...

·
Registered
510 Posts
I called several times hoping to speak with Ivan but a woman answers the phone. Seems knowledgeable but only gives short answers. I paid $350 to have my ECU flashed but in the instructions, they tell you how to install the ECU "with" and "without" the Cobra Fi2000R ... I specifically told her ive never done this before and I ask about details on keeping my Cobra Fi2000R hooked up.

I read in a forum or online somewhere about someone stating the Fi2000R will fine tune the bike where the flash won't. In other words, use them both. The woman told me I wouldnt notice any difference so just remove the Fi2000R and sell it... thats all i got. I ask 2 seperate occasions. I can't believe that Ivan would give instructions for hookup if it wouldn't make a difference.

Any thoughts out there?

I sent them 2 emails trying to get details if I should have my unit flashed but no response.i finally called them and she answered... Is Ivan real? Ha ha ha.... i have not really rode the bike except for 50 miles or so... NO backfire no matter how hard i tried. Very smooth ride so far.

Also I installed the BAM kit with the K&M filter...
The flash does 95% of everything. The tuner (mostly applies to PCV) does the last 5%. Ivan does exist. I have talked to him several times while he was doing the Raider and Stryker flashes. I don't understand what your question is on your email to them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe you just answered my question. If i understand your comments, my Fi2000R is more of a very fine tune device taking care of the small adjustments needed for performance. An average guy probably wouldn't notice any additional performance by using it because the flash is pretty good at smoothing out the bike.

I specifically wanted to know if I needed to remove my device or if I kept it, would it help the performance... i didnt feel like she wanted to take the time to explain the differences to me.

That being said, I would rather not have devices hooked up if they truly we're not needed. If the Fi2000R was not going to be benificial... i will just remove it.

I am very happy with the flash. I overnighted my ECU to Ivan on Tuesday, they got it the next day, they flashed it the same day and I received it back the following day. VERY FAST SERVICE. My bike runs better than it did when i first bought it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts