Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Baron Big Air Kit for my '12 950; I've had slip on pipes for the last couple years with no issues, obviously. I've searched quite a bit on this topic from cars to different model bikes and I still haven't really been able to come to a decision. Once I install this intake, will resetting the ECU be enough for the lean fuel mixture or is buying a tuner really necessary?

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
You can do one or the other, doing both shouldn't be necessary. I did the tuner/processor on my 09' 950t. The open air filter kit was the most noticeable performance improvement for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Does anyone actually know the difference between the Big Barron and the Kuryakyn air filters? And why would one choose one over the other? Thanks`YammyV

·
Administrator
13,280 Posts
i would highly recommend getting a fuel management system. the ECU can be corrected for small calculations such as changes in elevation. with a factory-induced lean fuel mixture to begin with, and now a much less restrictive air intake that will make your mixture much more lean with so much more air, a fms will give the engine a much better fuel mixture than the ECU can adjust for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts