Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Have read a lot about air intake modifications but not looking to spend a ton of money. Read a few things about drilling holes in the breather assembly. Saw something about a Brazilian thing. Is it really that simple? Any input would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Patch , What bike do you got ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've heard of such things, I once considered doing something like that too. From what I have heard, the biggest restriction is after the filter.
The "ram air" idea could work I suppose. My issue is the fact that I ride in the rain sometimes. I don't want to be pushing water at my air filter (they don't flow well when wet) Don't ask how I know LOL

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
There are some tried and true methods on the 1100 for getting extra pony's and some torque gains. Pod air filters and special jetting along with exhaust system will gain good results.

Since you have pipes already you are one step closer to getting where you should be.

There are people on this forum that can help you with this.

Stay tuned !

jake :D

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Careful where you drill holes. The 1100 sucks from the inside out. Besides that, it really does absolutely nothing for performance. The one we dyno'd years ago showed zero gain.

As mentioned above, a pod set up is the best bang for the buck on an 1100. Kits run about $150 and include jets and everything necessary for a real increase of about 10% to 15%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts