Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what the correct air pressure for my 07 Roadstar tires should be. Everyone I have talked to gives me different answers.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
tire pressure

The tire pressure is on the frame, probably up front behind the headlight. You always hear lots of opinions on tire pressure. Most recommending more than the manufacturer. I ususlly go no more than a couple of pounds over the recomended pressure. We should check pressure often rather than covering up problems with higher pressure.

At a motorcycle show a rep from Dunlop spoke. In response to a question, he suggested raising tire pressure to overcome cupping.

You be the judge. I see your owners manual calls for 36 lbs front 41 lbs rear.

Dave

·
Registered
254 Posts
I run the front tire a pound or so low. Most of my riding is on dirt roads and it makes a big difference on a washboard road. After having a front tire repaired by a shop I road home and while on the dirt road I hit a bump that almost threw me off the bike. When I got home I checked the pressure and the tire had more than 50 lbs. air pressure. I've tried various pressures and the best for me is 31 lbs. in the front on a V star 650 classic.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
This is another one of those subjects where it's not "one size fits all" type of things. I run 40 &40, that's not good for most riders. It is too hard and stiff ridin solo, but in the case of Ol Sugar Bear where wifey rides 90% of the time it works well for me, feels good and handles well at that pressure, not good for most. Find what feels good for you and the way you ride and go with that. Just don't go with a too low pressure, that's where the problems come. Ride Safe. (edit: this is for my 1100 v star, but the idea and intent apply for all)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts