Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know I've made a post about this before. I plugged the elbows with .45 shells, cut a slit in the side to let it open up to fit over the elbow. I've successfully plugged the front head AIS elbow, just slid right over it and I put a metal clamp on it. The rear one I cut shorter as there is little room in there to work. Fit it on, was tighter than the front one. Ended up using a wrench as a pivot point to hammer it in. Well...that proved to not work so well... I don't know why the rear one would be a slightly larger OD than the front but it is. The shell is spread out from where I notched it but I can't get it to go all the way in obviously. Now there is a tiny hole I can't cover and I need some suggestions. Help please! As I am missing prime riding time here in Ontario and the damn thing is still in my living room.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not that mechanically inclined and i've broken too many bolts on the block so far and didn't trust myself enough to take them out as I heard they are press fitted and a bitch to get out.

And I meant to say JB Weld, not RTV. Just going to throw it on an old bolt and shove it up there.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Seems as though when i did mine it was a few phones ago so no pictures avilable from me right now. Honestly not to hard to get the elbows out the rear was easy just pliers some on blaster and some wiggling it came out. The front I just used a long screw driver and a hammer a few light taps and it came out. There not in there tight at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
JB Weld worked for me. I dont have access to spent casings so I do what I have to do. AIS is gone looks and runs better, and only spent $5. for the JB weld. Looks great when I'm passing you on the highway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts