Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had the blockoff plate kit for probably 2 yrs and it's time to use it.
This summer I fell for the cobra slipons that are nothing more than a louvered baffle unwrapped in a can with about a 1" outlet. Had em on about 2 days, riding thru town in the "canyons" between the brewery district without earplugs and these are obnoxiously loud, accentuating the pre-existing backfires.
Going to attempt this again, using home made lollipops upstream from the baffle to hopefully kill the dB's some.
While eliminating the plumbing and pump up front is straightforward enough, how do I access the port that has to be plugged off the throttle body?
Did this mod to my '05 Warrior, this being quite different, duh. Link to instructions?
Help? Thanx

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,508 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,508 Posts
Yes, that link is to the 1100 Wiki.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There are some articles on the RS Clinic site but I didn't see anything in particular to the vacuum line to the carb/throttle body area.

I'm guessing since you're talking block off plates that you're running a '04-'07 bike? '08 and later are EFI and don't have that vacuum line.

But it's not hard to remove the tank and give you pretty clear access to the throttle body area. Disconnect the fuel line at the petcock, the tank vent hose near the front right valve cover. 3 screws for the trim plate (if there's no windshield in the way you can lay it across the bars). One bolt across the rear of the tank. Lift and slid it back. Reverse to install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Follow the line from the AIS to the top of the throttle body up into between the cylinders. Comes right off and your kit should have the new blocked off fitting that you attach to the nipple.

This is all the "stuff" that comes off doing the AIS, my foot is in there as a reference point, I wear a size 9.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
I love "pile of crap I took of my motorbike" photos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts