Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so from my other thread, you guys instructed me to get rid of the AIS system on my 01 * 1600. I did my searching, and from what i can see, you plug the vacuum line, and take your two hoses that come and go from the cylinders and go as follows: where one port from each cylinder to the AIS, you take the hoses loose and have one hose go make a loop to the ais, and then on the tubes on the cylinder, you close those together with the hose, making a loop? there was a drawing i saw with a green hose and a yellow hose, and that is what i did. but i also read where some guys leave everything hooked up the stock way, and just remove and plug the vacuum line. which way is correct? i attached the drawing that i am talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
If you are in a state that inspects motorcycles then I would change it like the photo. But if the state doesn't do inspections then I'd take it out all together . Don't know about plugging the vac-line:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i did it like the picture, and went on a 100+ mile ride yesterday and it rode great. No more popping on decel, all was well. I will do a full delete in the near future.

·
Registered
2006 Road Star 1700A
41 Posts
so from my other thread, you guys instructed me to get rid of the AIS system on my 01 * 1600. I did my searching, and from what i can see, you plug the vacuum line, and take your two hoses that come and go from the cylinders and go as follows: where one port from each cylinder to the AIS, you take the hoses loose and have one hose go make a loop to the ais, and then on the tubes on the cylinder, you close those together with the hose, making a loop? there was a drawing i saw with a green hose and a yellow hose, and that is what i did. but i also read where some guys leave everything hooked up the stock way, and just remove and plug the vacuum line. which way is correct? i attached the drawing that i am talking about.
Instead of connecting the two lines from the cylinders, can they just be plugged?:unsure:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Instead of connecting the two lines from the cylinders, can they just be plugged?:unsure:
That's a common thing to do. The 1600 has a round hole that apparently a .45 casing works quite well in. The 1700 is a bit different. Barron's makes a block off kit. I've got one but haven't gotten around to putting it on yet.

·
Registered
738 Posts
That's a common thing to do. The 1600 has a round hole that apparently a .45 casing works quite well in. The 1700 is a bit different. Barron's makes a block off kit. I've got one but haven't gotten around to putting it on yet.
I got the one for the 650 awhile ago. Worked great, as I live in Canada there isn't alot of 45acp brass sitting around.

Reactions: NavyJuiceStar

·
Registered
2006 Road Star 1700A
41 Posts
I got the one for the 650 awhile ago. Worked great, as I live in Canada there isn't alot of 45acp brass sitting around.
I found out that 1/2" PEX pipe plugs (plastic) fit perfectly in the hose. This is just a temporary delete until I can purchase kit. Seems to work fine, and being that I haa an abundance of them from plumbing project, seemed appropriate.

·
Registered
08 Road Star 1700
1,074 Posts
I put the Baron's on my 08, there is no vacuum line it is electrically operated. I never bothered removing it on the 01 didn't see the need, and I liked the way it sounded on decel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts