Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so from my other thread, you guys instructed me to get rid of the AIS system on my 01 * 1600. I did my searching, and from what i can see, you plug the vacuum line, and take your two hoses that come and go from the cylinders and go as follows: where one port from each cylinder to the AIS, you take the hoses loose and have one hose go make a loop to the ais, and then on the tubes on the cylinder, you close those together with the hose, making a loop? there was a drawing i saw with a green hose and a yellow hose, and that is what i did. but i also read where some guys leave everything hooked up the stock way, and just remove and plug the vacuum line. which way is correct? i attached the drawing that i am talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
If you are in a state that inspects motorcycles then I would change it like the photo. But if the state doesn't do inspections then I'd take it out all together . Don't know about plugging the vac-line:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i did it like the picture, and went on a 100+ mile ride yesterday and it rode great. No more popping on decel, all was well. I will do a full delete in the near future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts