Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my pal back from the shop. New oil, throttle/clutch adjusted and 2" risers on the bars. It's finally "my" bike. The custom seat really made me more confident in the saddle and with the handle bars up and back, my comfort is totally tuned in.

Now I can start dressing it up and maybe do some performance adjustments (re-flashing the ecu, air box ...). I was thinking about the pipes, but the difference between how they sounded when I bought it compared to now after 5 k miles is like night and day. They're coming along nicely. It seems that everything about it is getting better as the mileage piles on. It certainly is a lot looser and more open. I couldn't be more happy with it right now.

I want to get a Clearview shield w/vent, new bags and definitely a trunk. The shield will happen in the next couple of weeks, but I got to save up for the storage items. Once my wife saw the Corbin bags, she won't settle for anything else. So that means the bags and the trunk and I'll be a lot poorer. Will have to skip lunch 2 times a week.

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
Glad to hear your pal is back and you're more pleased than ever. I know the feeling of skipping lunch for the upgrades. I'm sure we're not the only ones, lol. After you get the corbins and the trunk mounted, send some pics. Ride safely!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I do love the looks of Corbin bags myself, and I would love to install them eventually too :). So I understand <G>.

Enjoy riding your bike!

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear your pal is back and you're more pleased than ever. I know the feeling of skipping lunch for the upgrades. I'm sure we're not the only ones, lol. After you get the corbins and the trunk mounted, send some pics. Ride safely!
Owning a bike like the Liners is addictive. I always had a motorcycle from 73 to 85 and then got married ...
Bought my 950 in 2012 because I needed some cheap dependable transportation and fell in love with riding again. However, I never considered myself a "biker" until now.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts