Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the only thing better than actually riding a new machine is the planning and research that goes into buying my next one ! :D

I have had my 1100 for less than a year and only have put 3,000 miles on it myself, but already taking that ownership experience and thinking about what I would like next.

Right now, I love cruising at 55-60 mph on state highways. Not interested in speed, top notch cornering ability or acceleration. High torque at a low rpm is preferable in my mind rather than a screaming multi-valve, high horsepower power plant. I also like the riding position that the cruisers offer, though would not mind being a little further forward.

So, I like what my 1100 offers me at this time. However, in my next bike, I would like to have ABS, cruise control, and a stereo system that I would be able to hear at 60 mph. Passenger accommodations not important, but storage is. I also would like more wind protection for the legs and a smooth ride.

Right now, I am looking at a Victory Cross Country or a Gold Wing. Yeah, the Gold Wing is a bit much, but I love what it offers and they are wide enough to be seen better by cagers. And, that sweet flat--six…wow. I looked at the FB6 and am not saying no, but just like th Gold Wing better between the two Hondas. The Cross Country is a rare cruiser that offers a high-torque/low rpm V-twin, ABS, stereo package. As of now, it gets my vote as #1.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
417 Posts
In the same boat, an Indian Chieftain is in my future some day. Just about pulled the trigger on a 2014 Indian Red one with 10,000 miles. Decided to wait on a new one maybe a 2016. Still dreaming and riding a great motorcycle until then.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My father is going to lend me his Cavalcade, from the distant 1990s or 80s, once he gets it up and running. That will help me decide if I want an RV on two wheels…err, a Gold Wing I mean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts