Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1997 Royal Star with painfully quiet 4 into 4 exhaust. Had the stock pipes drilled out some, still quiet. Really would like to change to after market slip ons but none to be found.

Question.. does anyone know if another years 4 into 2 exhaust would work? There are several available on Ebay, but seeing if anyone knows first before shelling out the $$.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I heard recently that Freedom Performance Exhaust is looking into making slip-ons for the older Royal Star 4 into 4 exhausts. I know they just came out with new 4" racing slip-ons for the '99-'12 Royal Star's. Ray over at AAA MC Exhaust is probably the one to ask. His email is [email protected].

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got a 1997 Royal Star with painfully quiet 4 into 4 exhaust. Had the stock pipes drilled out some, still quiet. Really would like to change to after market slip ons but none to be found.

Question.. does anyone know if another years 4 into 2 exhaust would work? There are several available on Ebay, but seeing if anyone knows first before shelling out the $$.
Hey Bud,

Check out this video on you-tube. I my give this a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRN_hp_Bksc[/URL]

Gary

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 4 into 2 exhaust will fit. The rear mounts have to be modified to line up with different mounting positions.
Attached is a picture of my 96 with the 4 into 2 exhaust from a 2007 Venture, and a set of Samson mufflers.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts