Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a Rockford Fosgate amp on my 2010 Deluxe and I am wondering what everyone is doing to keep the Ipod hookup and the handlebar control? The amp only has RCA jacks on it. What is everyone using?
Thanks

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you are asking what to use for mounting the Ipod to handle bars? I would suggest a RAM mount. I bought one for the GPS and they are well made.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the stock Strat Deluxe has the handlebar control and plug for the Ipod it is all wired through the stock amp but they suck you put pipes on you cant hear the music I was wanting to put a bigger amp on but I am not sure what I can do to keep all the handlebar controls and the Ipod connector that is on the bike from the factory.

·
Registered
626 Posts
No the stock Strat Deluxe has the handlebar control and plug for the Ipod it is all wired through the stock amp but they suck you put pipes on you cant hear the music I was wanting to put a bigger amp on but I am not sure what I can do to keep all the handlebar controls and the Ipod connector that is on the bike from the factory.
I did not know that tanks for the info.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If your amp does not have speaker level inputs I'd suggest some "line level converters" If you're not familiar with these they take a speaker level input, condition it, and send it out as an amp level signal via RCA. Any number of manufacturers make them and they're inexpensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts