Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know who this guy is or his credentials, and i akin this experiment to a well-done high school science project in terms of methods/equipment/conclusions. but i found it interesting nonetheless.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Totally useless test that does not represent what happens to oil in its intended environment.

As for Royal Purple in order to get true synthetic group IV PAO or group V Ester oil you have to step up to their HPS line of oil. I don't know if their motorcycle oil is group III conventional oil labeled as synthetic or not, if they are following the API/JASO guidelines then it likely is a group III conventional oil labeled as a synthetic.

The Royal Purple oil you see in the photo is a group III conventional oil labeled as a synthetic. Mobil filed a complaint against Castrol for labeling group III conventional oil as synthetic oil with the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, but NAD ruled that Castrol could label their conventional oil as full synthetic.

That decision was a horrible decision as now any manufacture can label any group III conventional oil as a full synthetic oil.

Redline is what I use in all my combustion engines because they use group V Ester based oils and group 4 PAO based oils both of which are true full synthetic oils.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts