Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I wasn't crazy about the styling at first but I gotta admit it's starting to grow on me. Looks good in that color.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've never ridden a fully dressed bike. Aside from a windshield my Raider is basically naked. I understand the advantages of creature comforts especially on long rides but is the feel/sensation/experience on a dressed bike different from a naked bike?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've never ridden a fully dressed bike. Aside from a windshield my Raider is basically naked. I understand the advantages of creature comforts especially on long rides but is the feel/sensation/experience on a dressed bike different from a naked bike?
Having had both, I see the + and - of both... My current main ride is a HD Electra Glide and I like the creature comfort and I feel enough wind on it to know I am on a motorcycle but protected enough to go through some bad and cold weather fairly comfortable. The storage and communications on a full dresser is what got me on one...
I have had a few somewhat naked bikes in the last 10 years, Honda 600, Volusia 800 Harley Dyna and this last one a V star 1100 and although they are fun to ride and easier to handle because of the lower weight, I still gravitate towards my dresser. Keep in mind, the main intent to get these smaller bikes was for my spouse to have one as well.
They both have their pluses and it's a very personal choice and I usually leave it at that because there is also budget, size of rider, physical ability, location etc...

I am getting older and my knees are bad from illness so it's getting harder to ride 2 up on the bagger so I might look at a trike or 2 of something lighter...With the quality of Bluetooth nowadays I don't see the need for CB or big a$$ stereos anymore. The quality of headsets coming out is quite impressive so that is also a game changer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts