Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the annual mileage challenge which is in addition to our monthly challenge. It's simple, post a picture of your odometer at any time for your beginning mileage and one at the end. Challenge ends December 31, 2019. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. Any questions or suggestions? Let's have some fun with this. I've got a few ideas on what the "winner" gets, give me a bit to work on my idea. Here a copy of spreadsheet and current participants which carried over from the January challenge. Ride often and safe.

Addition: In the event you trade or sell, post a pic of the outgoing mileage and the new bike mileage. If you forget to take a pic of the odometer, then the paper work from the sale which should show mileage would suffice.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
For the annual, I'm in. I might join future monthly's also. Looking forward to consistent good weather.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the annual, I'm in. I might join future monthly's also. Looking forward to consistent good weather.
You're in. If that's your mileage on the 2002, it's really low. Ride often and safe.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Yes, I was amazed at the miles. The primary owner simply didn't ride. I bought it towards the end of November '18 with less than 8800 miles on it. After changing the petcock, I realized disconnecting the tank and controls didn't affect the memory of the miles so I was more comfortable it was real. :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
My January mileage is going to suck, weather hasn't been cooperating and full time job and home stuff not helping either :|:|

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My January mileage is going to suck, weather hasn't been cooperating and full time job and home stuff not helping either :|:|
You've got 11 months to make it up. Better get riding. 😃

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updated the Annual mileage challenge. Please double check that I have everyone listed. If anyone else is thinking about joining post your odometer reading. It will be easier for me if I can everyone's name on spreadsheet while things are slow. So even if you and/or your bike is still in hibernation get your name in. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I've been thinking about what winner gets. AsphaltWarrier came up with some good suggestions. We would have an overall winner for most miles and another winner for most months won. The idea here is to award the person who takes that cross country ride and racks up so many miles in a month or two they can't be touched and then another person who is the most consistent month after month. Now this could be the same person and they would win both. Maybe we do a first and second. Anyone have suggestions to fine tune how we can do this? Here's a idea on the trophy that I can easily do. So give me some feedback, Good and/or bad.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
OK, I've been thinking about what winner gets. AsphaltWarrier came up with some good suggestions. We would have an overall winner for most miles and another winner for most months won. The idea here is to award the person who takes that cross country ride and racks up so many miles in a month or two they can't be touched and then another person who is the most consistent month after month. Now this could be the same person and they would win both. Maybe we do a first and second. Anyone have suggestions to fine tune how we can do this? Here's a idea on the trophy that I can easily do. So give me some feedback, Good and/or bad.

Not sure if you can change it, but the steering wheel should either be handlebars or a MC tire.
I think a 1st & 2nd place would be good.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I don't think you need a 2nd place. It is all in the spreadsheet. I love the idea of overall winner and most months won. I think the trophy should more motorcycle related. I will kick in for the trophy

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I agree on the first and second. The two categories is realistic.

·
Registered
170 Posts
As we've discussed privately Lesblank I think the overall idea is for us to get our bikes on the road and this will bring more stories and good discussions to the page.

I'm open to majority rules and believe the yearly and monthly totals is the best way to go.

Let's ride and collect them miles Gents

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about a star trophy representing Vstar?

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I know that this is the annual challenge and all that really counts is the end of year, but some are also doing the monthly challenge. I'll update the mileage to date as the monthly odometer readings come in. This is just for reference and maybe see how is putting some miles on their ride. Remember that anyone can enter at anytime. Have I missed adding anyone? Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
13,111 Posts
the star is a good option. or the Yamaha logo.

i usually average about 10k miles a year but don't see it happening in 2019. my new job has me not traveling at all like my previous one did, i work from home 2 days a week, and i'm not planning any big trips. so i'm not even competing. i'm guessing i'll be lucky to even put on 5k this year. which is OK cuz it helps to prolong the life of my bike now that it's getting up in high mileage. i'll have to crack the 100K mark next year.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated the spreadsheet on first page of thread to add Bucfan11. Anyone else interested? Just post picture of odometer and I'll add you. Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK folks, spring is knocking on the door. So for y'all waking your bike up from hibernation take a picture of your odometer and join in. The annual is separate from the monthly challenge. So post ( yes you Keith 😁) your odometer picture and we'll see who rides the most.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts