Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am in the Raleigh Durham area of NC. I currently own an NT700v from Honda. Past cruisers have been a Kawasaki Vulcan 800A, and a Suzuki C50. After I bought the Honda, I started missing a cruiser for around town and short tours. On impulse, I just bought a used 2010 VStar 650. Dealer calls it a classic. However, it is black and has studded seats. So my research tells me someone bought it as a Silverado, and stripped the windshield and bags of before trading. Fine by me, I don't go for the studded look anyway. The bike has 2000 miles and is immaculate. Pick it up in a few days (35 degrees out, yay!). I know it will be a tad short on power but as you can see, I'm not a big bore rider anyhow. Not sure I am going to get into the modding thing other than comfort and safety. Risers, lights etc. From what I've read the seat has to go ASAP.
Anyway, I will be kicking around the forum for a while

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
It would still be a Classic - just with the Silverado trim. Also, previous owner may have added the seat b/c she liked the studded look and was working her way toward the full Silverado package. Not sure if the VIN indicates Silverado package.

Either way, congrats!

Also, some people like to see pics ...... I'm just saying.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
269 Posts
You're going to be surprised at how much power that bike actually has. I'm 220 pounds and mine carried me and a friend in the 140 pound range up and down the hills here in Tennessee with no problems. By myself I ran the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway and kept up fine with the bigger boys.

Enjoy it. They're great bikes and often mistaken for bigger ones. For a bit more HP, look at after market intakes and pipes. Mine has them and they do give a bit more umph to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it wouldn't be my first "girly" bike as I stay in the lower displacement club. And I love riding maxi scooters. Thank heavens I don't give a crap.
Freezing rain and sleet today. Pick the bike up tomorrow, but hey, it's supposed to be 46 degrees.
Quite sure it's a trimmed Silverado as the color "Raven" was not available on the classic for 2010. Fine by me, I want different bags and a different seat than a Silverado anyway. Thought the price was decent and if it turns out too "girly", I shouldn't lose much on it. but since it wasn't much $$, and it is bike #2 in my driveway, I'll cope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts