Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be doing the entire blue ridge parkway may 18-21. Actually on the parkway will be may 19 and 20. The other two days are for travels there and back. If anyone wants to hop on the ride for the day or whatever that's cool. It will be just me and my dad. We are gonna take our time on the parkway. Just posting and opening up the door if someone wants to tag along for the day or two.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Remember it didn't happen if you don't post details with pictures. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be doing some of it a week or so after you. DO NOT take all the good weather!
I will try not too lol. I don't know about the weather in VA but its still snowing here. It might still be winter at the end of May:|

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
If you are planning on doing the ENTIRE Blue Ridge Parkway in two days, you are not going to see much or stop often. My buddy and I did this same trip a year or so ago, and split it over 4 days. We still did not have a lot of time to stop and see everything we wanted to. I recommend going here and getting some good info on the BRP : https://www.blueridgeparkway.org/.

It is 469 miles with a 45 MPH MAX speed limit. On pretty days, there can be a ton of traffic (especially on weekends) with bicycles, hikers, RV's and even some misguided trucks (that aren't supposed to be there). There are almost no services, so most gas stops and food stops will take you off the BRP, and if you don't choose wisely, it can be a looooong detour.

If you do indeed only have two days, do yourself a favor and split the drive in two. That is what we did, and it worked out for the most part. We still plan on going back and doing it again over a weeks time to stop and see everything we want to.

Be safe, have fun, and enjoy the scenery!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts