Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A New Mod Just Arrived For My Black Beast.
I had the same unit on my Raider and loved it so I went ahead and purchased this Air Spike for my Deluxe.
Purchased it on www.T-Motorsports.com for under $90.00.
The unit is heavy and the chrome is perfect.
This will be one mean looking coil cover lol.
I plan on putting some of my new LED's inside the tip of this spike.
Should look cool.
Anyways here is is.
Swomack

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/swomack113/7b2f77ba.jpg

·
Registered
821 Posts
Carefull you don't put an eye out with that thing.:)
It is nice looking.:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
@ Digitalbroccoli yeah we have to order the air spike for the yamaha Vstar 1100. Much like you i went looking (because I didnt want to do the Pseudo HYPERCHARGER for a whopping $250) so had to do a little homework. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can purchase the spike for the Yamaha 1100 or the Honda VTX 1300 air spike.
All you will be using from the kit is the mounting Plate and the spike.

Both kits as far as the mounting plate and spike are the exact same thing.
Swomack

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmm...interesting, as I love the look of the thing, and that price is a really nice deal when compared to the hypercharger. Sure makes the idea of grabbing an air cleaner and PCIII a lot more appetizing.

I'd love to see pics once it's installed, just to see how complicated the procedure is.

·
Registered
396 Posts
its ornamental only

Hmm...interesting, as I love the look of the thing, and that price is a really nice deal when compared to the hypercharger. Sure makes the idea of grabbing an air cleaner and PCIII a lot more appetizing.

I'd love to see pics once it's installed, just to see how complicated the procedure is.
i hope you realize this is ornamental only. it doesn't hook up to the air cleaner at all. just coil cover. you can fool all the others in to thinking it does something though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does do something.
It houses the coils and will be accented with red LED's.
The factory side covers are just cosmetic to hide items so I say dress it up with what you think looks cool, or take the factory cover and do the home mod I've already posted.
Swomack

·
Registered
122 Posts
i hope you realize this is ornamental only. it doesn't hook up to the air cleaner at all. just coil cover. you can fool all the others in to thinking it does something though.
Why would you put a fake air cleaner on the side, regardless of how cool it looks? Seems a little silly to me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I stated earlier the side covers on this bike are not air units so all I've done is add something that looks cool and still works as a coil cover. I had the same spike on my Raider and everyone use to comment on how great it looked. Here is a black and white picture of my Raider with the same spike.
Swomack

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/swomack113/10645310.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
It sort of strikes me as the same sort of mod that the kids with honda civics do...you know, fake vents, fake dual exhausts, that type of thing. To each his own, and if yu like it, that's all that's important, but "fake" mods seem sort of pointless to me.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Your Strat looks like a Raider

Like I stated earlier the side covers on this bike are not air units so all I've done is add something that looks cool and still works as a coil cover. I had the same spike on my Raider and everyone use to comment on how great it looked. Here is a black and white picture of my Raider with the same spike.
Swomack

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/swomack113/10645310.jpg
Man you really customized your Strat. it looks just like a Raider. do you have both? if yes, you are one lucky guy.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That black and white picture was my Raider and yes I customized the hell out of it. Once the bike hit 60,000 miles I sold it and then bought my Startoliner Deluxe, which has become me new project bike.
Swomack

·
Registered
451 Posts
I knew your name sounded familiar,looking at your pictures made me remember your stratoliner is the one that made me decide that it was the bike i wanted.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I love the look of the mod. The stock cover on the Roadliner is strictly for cosmetic looks so I don't see a problem with this mod Anyway, I took off the stock cover and there are two coils under there. It doesn't look like the air cleaner will fit over the coils. Any advice is appreciated. I'm ready to order......

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does the new chrome air filter mount where the heavy bracket is that holds the current coils. in other words do I have to take off the current bracket and then does the air filter mount in those mounting holes. Also can I orderthe one for the 1300 honda?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does the new chrome air filter mount where the heavy bracket is that holds the current coils. in other words do I have to take off the current bracket and then does the air filter mount in those mounting holes. Also can I orderthe one for the 1300 honda?
Yes you can order the VTX 1300 unit.
All you need from the kit is the chromed mounting bracket and the spike which are exactly the same as the Yamaha 1100 unit.

As far as install, you will take off your existing cover, then you will Remove the bracket that hold the coils. Once you take off that coil bracket you will then mount the new chromed bracket. Once the new bracket is mounted pull the coils through the center of the newly mounted bracket then attach the spike in place. M

The key is to make sure your new chromed mounting bracket is level
So you spike will be level.

Swomack

1 - 20 of 24 Posts