Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i didn't like how far the front blinkers stuck out . and i also didn't want to spend any money for new lights , clamps and or brackets . as we all know yamaha made it nearly impossable for us to just buy a different light to fit our light bars , and no where could i find just a shorter blinker bar to replace the stock one without spending hundreds of dollars on one with driving lights (which i didn't want ) so i made the stock bar shorter for free and it still uses the stock lights .

so i attached a few pictures , if you pull your lights and light bar off and take a look at the end of the bar , those weird ends are not welded in ,they are braised . so what i did was experament with my old rear bar that i took off when i installed a 1300 tail light on my 1100 (see one post below this one). i heated the tube cherry red with a torch and pretty much just pulled the end out . now i did this with the back bar . you will see apart of it in the picture . if you want to do this to your front bar i would suggest cutting it to length first then heating so you don't blue the chrome . i did it on the rear because i had it laying around then i cut my front one to length and inserted the ones i took from the rear and jb welded them in the tube .

hope this helps someone . have a great day .

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yup I'm doin' it.

Looks great. Free mods are the best.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts