Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my 2018 SVTC 2 weeks ago. It’s killing me that I cannot ride it or even get it home yet, dealer agreed to store it until spring.
I also have a 2015 Honda f6b and a 2012 Honda fury. Had a Yamaha warrior but sold it, big mistake, that was a fun bike.
So far I have enjoyed lurking around on the forum and it seems that everyone gets along good.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,950 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Congrats on your new bike. Hopefully the weather will allow you to get it home sooner than later. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,339 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina! There’s a few of us here that own one of those beauties. Pics are a MUST on this forum. I’d say to post some pics, but I gather your precious new prize isn’t sitting comfortably nearby in your garage. 😢
Soon brother and you’ll be riding down the road with a smile sooo BIG you’ll swear your head is gonna come apart in two pieces! LOL
Also, trust me when I say that silly grin when riding will NOT go away anytime soon.

Anyways, WELCOME! Hope you can make it to our Rally in Waynesville this fall.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Purchased my 2018 SVTC 2 weeks ago. It’s killing me that I cannot ride it or even get it home yet, dealer agreed to store it until spring.
I also have a 2015 Honda f6b and a 2012 Honda fury. Had a Yamaha warrior but sold it, big mistake, that was a fun bike.
So far I have enjoyed lurking around on the forum and it seems that everyone gets along good.
How do you like the Fury? I saw it at a honda dealer and looked at it and didn't know what to think. I was there for some part for my 1800 VTX.

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee! We have several members that ride the SVTC, great looking bikes! Ditto on the pics and glad you joined us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you like the Fury? I saw it at a honda dealer and looked at it and didn't know what to think. I was there for some part for my 1800 VTX.
It is a easy bike to ride, smooth engine and low to the ground. Would I ever buy 1? No. It was given to me by my step dad who had gotten West Nile virus and lost some of his balance and at 75 didn’t feel confident on the bike and didn’t want to deal with selling it. I let my kid who is 19 ride it, I would rather have him on that than a crotch rocket.
Pictures to come as soon as I get the bike delivered to me. When you live in Minnesota there are some things you just don’t want to do this time of year and that is have your new bike exposed to all of the salt and corrosive crap that is put on the roads.

Thanks for making this a great place and I can’t wait to get out and start riding.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Add my welcome to the forum to the list. Great to have you. Love the looks of the SVTC... it's one beautiful bike.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I was thinking for an only bike the Fury wouldn't be a good 2up on the hwy. But it is cool. Maybe if i was young and single...... Totally agree with the salt. I usually get it out in march. Glad you like it here we are happy to have you. Just don't bring up the Vikings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts