Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually thought I posted when I first joined the group a couple of years ago when I first bought my present ride. If I did, I can’t find it now, but then again I’m not the sharpest guy on a keyboard by any means. :eek:

My mini-bio pretty much matches Kbotkin’s from earlier this month. I also live in the northwest Houston area and also getting re-introduced to riding after raising kids and going through a couple of marriages as well. My present significant other found out my background and said to go for it as long as she didn’t have to ride with me. I wasn’t sure how much I would actually ride so I went conservative and bought a 2004 Vstar 1100 with 4,000 miles on it and what appeared to be in near-new condition for about $3500. I’m still not sure if it’s the Classic or Custom, it has the spoke wheels and short front fender. I have a picture of it in the albums section, I plan to post more as we go along. I may post a thumb-nail here if I can figure out how.:D

My riding background goes back to the sixties to a Yamaha 175 Enduro, a 360 Enduro, several Honda 750 street bikes and one Yamaha 1100XJ. I ended up racing open class desert and motocross in the 70’s on a Husky 400 around Southern California. I now ride this bike to work every day it’s not raining when I open the garage door. I now have close to 14k on it and have been performing most of the maintenance myself.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome dmac. Your sportin a custom and a fine looking one.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello fellow Houstonian.
Nice ride.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the replies

Thanks to all replies. Very cool to have replies from fellow Texans, from both east and west coasts, and even from two other countries! I guess that makes us riders without borders!

I'm doing some major (for me) work this weekend on her, the shifter kept sticking in the up position, I already tore the side cover off, had to wait for a new cover gasket to come in. I'll post some pictures and notes etc., when I'm done. Hopefully I'll be riding again next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts