Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Reaction score
Geez, I hate **** like that... no offense. Everyone has their own taste... but the skulls and crossbones and flames and spikes and all the wannabe badazz crap is just so lame... like wearing the skull bandana over your face... little boys that wanna be tough guys.

Having said that (and raining on your parade), I can see that would have been a time consuming, finicky job and one that I guarantee I would have screwed up... so styling aside, good job!

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
530 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geez, I hate **** like that... no offense. Everyone has their own taste... but the skulls and crossbones and flames and spikes and all the wannabe badazz crap is just so lame... like wearing the skull bandana over your face... little boys that wanna be tough guys.

Having said that (and raining on your parade), I can see that would have been a time consuming, finicky job and one that I guarantee I would have screwed up... so styling aside, good job!
Well,,listen closely my friend as you said a wannabe tough guy? I was born and raised on the streets of South Central LA. In California let me give you a focus point down town Compton in the hood..I wore Bracelets from LAs finest in the gray bar hotel..I've been bounced off more police car hood than you could imagine. Stood in front of dozens of judges..I have tattoos iam not proud of a detective picked me up and sent me in the right direction..I support the blue after a stint in the army I grew up as you should I've been shot,stabbed, several times but you made me smile..I raised 3 kids whom never went with out after I grew up as you should I am in my 60s. So you have no idea what I been through wannabe tough guy 🤔 do the math 🤔 if ever make it to myrtle Beach south Carolina look me up I will buy you a cold one .I will gladly introduce you to my friends who are in the H A they can tell you all about me in my younger years..Ride safe ride often my friend .BTW if you comment on this don't expect a reply 😤 it will fall on deaf ears..my bike my choice. Oh and have a great day..

· Registered
57 Posts
Reaction score
There was no insult... period. Someone posted a cosmetic project for comment... I commented, don't like it at all. Regarding his little tirade... When I said that "I hate all of that skull and crossbones, wanna be tough guy crap," I was not directing it at the OP, it was a comment on all the garbage crap made in the aftermarket to make bikes and bikers (mostly weekend warriors), look tough and authentic. I stated it is not my taste but everyone has their own taste and opinions.

OP, I don't know you and have NO commentary about YOU. I was commenting on the cosmetic project that you posted for forum considerstion. Bad ass is different things in different areas... I grew up in the Northern bush, I have surviving there my whole life. I'm not going to get into a d*ck measuring contest because I was not at any point directing anything at you personally... but for the record, I spent 35 years on the OTHER SIDE of the bars... so I believe that I did more time... and I also raised three kids that never went without.

You take care and ride far, ride safe.

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
530 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was no insult... period. Someone posted a cosmetic project for comment... I commented, don't like it at all. Regarding his little tirade... When I said that "I hate all of that skull and crossbones, wanna be tough guy crap," I was not directing it at the OP, it was a comment on all the garbage crap made in the aftermarket to make bikes and bikers (mostly weekend warriors), look tough and authentic. I stated it is not my taste but everyone has their own taste and opinions.

OP, I don't know you and have NO commentary about YOU. I was commenting on the cosmetic project that you posted for forum considerstion. Bad ass is different things in different areas... I grew up in the Northern bush, I have surviving there my whole life. I'm not going to get into a d*ck measuring contest because I was not at any point directing anything at you personally... but for the record, I spent 35 years on the OTHER SIDE of the bars... so I believe that I did more time... and I also raised three kids that never went without.

You take care and ride far, ride safe.
OK OK calm down, let's start over, now let's see pics of your bike. And good morning sir

Pics please..

· Registered
57 Posts
Reaction score
Ahhh... there we go.
I'll tell you a funny story that started like this. It happened years ago on another forum... situation was the same, two alpha type guys with too much testosterone... we went at each other but eventually found common ground and respect. Years later he bought an outfitting business, knew from our dialogue I had worked in the field, and we ended up working together guiding grizzly and goat hunters in the Northwest coastal mountains... had some great and crazy times, narrowly escaped death by the thinnest of margins on a couple occasions... good friends to this day... so, hello fellow rider.
Can't really show you pics of my new (to me) 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe because I pick it up on the 14th... but here are my Roady and Venture... the Roadstar Midnight hasn't changed but the Royal Star Venture has had a few tweaks.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
530 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh... there we go.
I'll tell you a funny story that started like this. It happened years ago on another forum... situation was the same, two alpha type guys with too much testosterone... we went at each other but eventually found common ground and respect. Years later he bought an outfitting business, knew from our dialogue I had worked in the field, and we ended up working together guiding grizzly and goat hunters in the Northwest coastal mountains... had some great and crazy times, narrowly escaped death by the thinnest of margins on a couple occasions... good friends to this day... so, hello fellow rider.
Can't really show you pics of my new (to me) 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe because I pick it up on the 14th... but here are my Roady and Venture... the Roadstar Midnight hasn't changed but the Royal Star Venture has had a few tweaks.
Nice 👍 so you bought a stratoliner deluxe black on black and bad all the way round. Mine is 2014 and don't know if I like the skull thing yet I think it looks cleaner with out another cold rainy day it might come off I got bored cold beer and Amazon..now thinking of a tire for the back 🤔 Indian started using pirelli night dragons was thinking about it with a 200/55zr-17 but they don't make a matching front tire,,any input on this it would be much appreciated.

Nice 👍 so you bought a stratoliner deluxe black on black and bad all the way round. Mine is 2014 and don't know if I like the skull thing yet I think it looks cleaner with out another cold rainy day it might come off I got bored cold beer and Amazon..now thinking of a tire for the back 🤔 Indian started using pirelli night dragons was thinking about it with a 200/55zr-17 but they don't make a matching front tire,,any input on this it would be much appreciated.
If are thinking of changing your exhaust on your Strat I would not recommend Vance and Hines big shots not enough back pressure and they sound horrible
Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle wheel Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Registered
57 Posts
Reaction score
The bikes will always be black and chrome... it's a thing, although I always thought a completely blacked out Warrior would be pretty sweet for a short-hop bike. Always have to have two; light, nimble and stripped down for day rides AND heavy, screened and bagged for trips. This is the Stratoliner Deluxe, (picture) the trunk is coming off and being replaced with a sissy bar with back rack (when I find one)... the sissy bar is not for a passenger, it keeps my dry bags in place when I strap them down for tripping as seen in the second picture.

The bike already has a 2 in 1 Cobra pipe on it, I'm told it sounds great, but as you know, the most subjective thing about bikes is the sound. We shall see... I can baffle the pipe if need be.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
530 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The bikes will always be black and chrome... it's a thing, although I always thought a completely blacked out Warrior would be pretty sweet for a short-hop bike. Always have to have two; light, nimble and stripped down for day rides AND heavy, screened and bagged for trips. This is the Stratoliner Deluxe, (picture) the trunk is coming off and being replaced with a sissy bar with back rack (when I find one)... the sissy bar is not for a passenger, it keeps my dry bags in place when I strap them down for tripping as seen in the second picture.
The only big problem with the strat is fuel distance nothing like your Roady very nice BTW 110 miles you better be looking for gas station.no Cruz, no 4 way flashers but my HD heritage is the same thing. Just so you are aware of it. 100 miles and I am looking hard for gas station

The bike already has a 2 in 1 Cobra pipe on it, I'm told it sounds great, but as you know, the most subjective thing about bikes is the sound. We shall see... I can baffle the pipe if need be.
Cobra is a better set up and you get Cobra quiet core baffles I have one of the cobra quiet core baffle never used it it wouldn't fit mine I found out they are Vance and Hines big shots. Quiet core was expensive then not being able to use it doesn't help

· Registered
57 Posts
Reaction score
The only big problem with the strat is fuel distance nothing like your Roady very nice BTW 110 miles you better be looking for gas station.no Cruz, no 4 way flashers but my HD heritage is the same thing. Just so you are aware of it. 100 miles and I am looking hard for gas station
That is not good news... the stations are few and far between where we ride. I can get 350 km on the Royal Star... basically double what you are saying. First mention of limited range I have heard... not good for a Northern Canadian tripping bike. I do carry two 1.5 litre bottles, but have never had to use them on the RSM or RSV... I have topped off the tanks of riding partners, particularly my one buddy who always waits by the pump saying "I am good until the next stop," and never is... I have dumped at least a dozen bottles in his tank... but as I write this it is occurring to me that maybe he is smarter than I give him credit for...

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
530 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tennessee does care about the loud pipes, South Carolina does not bother you unless you get stupid on the throttle I know some motor cops they said don't get my attention and I won't get yours.

That is not good news... the stations are few and far between where we ride. I can get 350 km on the Royal Star... basically double what you are saying. First mention of limited range I have heard... not good for a Northern Canadian tripping bike. I do carry two 1.5 litre bottles, but have never had to use them on the RSM or RSV... I have topped off the tanks of riding partners, particularly my one buddy who always waits by the pump saying "I am good until the next stop," and never is.
I have done the same thing or he will only use high octane a tank of mid grade is better than a empty tank of high grade

I have done the same thing or he will only use high octane a tank of mid grade is better than a empty tank of high grade
Sounds like you are the one using the spare gas I know I do

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
530 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like you are the one using the spare gas I know I do
Another problem is its 5 speed trans not 6 and if you top off your tank don't smoke gas will be everywhere when you see the bend in your tank which goes over your frame just above it then stop fueling poor design different breed of cat .

· Registered
57 Posts
Reaction score
Now I need a rack on the sissy bar... for strapping on a 2 gallon gas tank... I hate carrying gas like that, but we are doing an 8000 km.trip in the spring around NFLD and back... very few gas stations on that route.

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
530 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Never heard of a noise stop up here... more of the crotch rocket high pitch whine than the throaty Rumble. Never been a fan of loud pipes, I am deaf enough from five plus decades of shooting.
I do not like the sound of my bike not deep just stupid loud with the baffles no body likes to be behind me I hear cobra 2 into 1 sound good please let me know.

· Registered
57 Posts
Reaction score

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
530 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now I need a rack on the sissy bar... for strapping on a 2 gallon gas tank... I hate carrying gas like that, but we are doing an 8000 km.trip in the spring around NFLD and back... very few gas stations on that route.
Throw a blanket on it and ride the roadie

1 - 20 of 46 Posts