Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
It got awfully quiet over there... pretty much a ghost town with no real discussion happening anymore. Glad to have found where you all wandered off to 🙂

Slynky (Rob)
Hey there Slynky! Good to have you! As you can see by the number of threads under this bike, we’ve been talking about this bike on all kinds of things.
Yoopermoose from the other site is here as well. Amercian, YamahaParExcellance and others.
Good to have you!

Glad to see you got the “faster” color. Lol!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Slynky Welcome to the forum. Nice bike good luck.
Please start telling us about your riding and your experiences.
Hey GAR, we all tease you to tears, about whether one's SVTC is Razz Red, or Mercedes Grey.

Here's a short story...that should warm your heart...

"An older gentlemen sitting in his Grey Mercedes for a parking spot, (as somebody was backing out...) was startled by a young man in a Raspberry Red Myata, that scooped into the gentleman's parking space, got out of his two seater Myata, walked over to the Grey Mercedes sedan, tapped on the driver's window, and when the gentleman rolled down the window, said to him with a open sneer upon his lips; "Red Myata, young and fast!"

The Grey Mercedes driver, rolled up the window...and proceeded to plow into the back of the young man's Myata, about ten times, until the trunk was in the front seat of the Myata....then, rolled down the window...handed the young man a cheque, and stated; "Grey Mercedes, older and rich!"

You have the rich color....GAR.... Grey or Red...doesn't matter....only that 48 degree V-Twin...dressed in chrome and polished aluminum does....what color surrounds it, is personal preference, only! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,101 Posts
ChiefGunner, haven’t ridden one yet, and when I sat on one last year at a demo ride, everything was well within reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey GAR, we all tease you to tears, about whether one's SVTC is Razz Red, or Mercedes Grey.

"An older gentlemen sitting in his Grey Mercedes for a parking spot, (as somebody was backing out...) was startled by a young man in a Raspberry Red Myata, that scooped into the gentleman's parking space, got out of his two seater Myata, walked over to the Grey Mercedes sedan, tapped on the driver's window, and when the gentleman rolled down the window, said to him with a open sneer upon his lips; "Red Myata, young and fast!"

The Grey Mercedes driver, rolled up the window...and proceeded to plow into the back of the young man's Myata, about ten times, until the trunk was in the front seat of the Myata....then, rolled down the window...handed the young man a cheque, and stated; "Grey Mercedes, older and rich!"

You have the rich color....GAR.... Grey or Red...doesn't matter....only that 48 degree V-Twin...dressed in chrome and polished aluminum does....what color surrounds it, is personal preference, only! :)
Too funny. Wow I actually have 3 out of the 4 in this story, I am old, my bike IS gray (to match the hair of course) and I am Rich by name. I just don't have the Mercedes......yet, well maybe in a hot wheels or matchbox.
Chief won't admit it but when he had the loaner bike in gray he realized how much faster this color really is. Come on Chief admit it, it's ok.
I guess I like to stand out one day if we ever all meet I will have to lead the pack just because I will probably be the only one. Actually I think there was a few others on this forum that had the SVTC in Gray. So we will have to take turns to lead this way we can clear the road while the reds roar on thru......

·
Registered
809 Posts
Too funny. Wow I actually have 3 out of the 4 in this story, I am old, my bike IS gray (to match the hair of course) and I am Rich by name. I just don't have the Mercedes......yet, well maybe in a hot wheels or matchbox.
Chief won't admit it but when he had the loaner bike in gray he realized how much faster this color really is. Come on Chief admit it, it's ok.
I guess I like to stand out one day if we ever all meet I will have to lead the pack just because I will probably be the only one. Actually I think there was a few others on this forum that had the SVTC in Gray. So we will have to take turns to lead this way we can clear the road while the reds roar on thru......
I have personally seen three SVTC's and one Eluder....all STVC's in the Greater Toronto Area...and the Eluder was at Erieau, Ontario.

One STVC, was red, and the other 2 were grey. The Eluder was a silver grey, I think.

So...four other of the clan out there.... :)

Too bad that I didn't get a change to talk to the Eluder rider or team. They could have been sitting on the open deck where we were, but I would have had no way of knowing that...:(

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

You have the rich color....GAR.... Grey or Red...doesn't matter....only that 48 degree V-Twin...dressed in chrome and polished aluminum does....what color surrounds it, is personal preference, only! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Lol! I hear ya Rich! It doesn’t matter what color they make it, the SVTC is simply a wonderful ride.
You know we love you & that’s why we “rib” you!
Hey, are
You gonna make it to Maggie Valley Meet in Sept?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have personally seen three SVTC's and one Eluder....all STVC's in the Greater Toronto Area...and the Eluder was at Erieau, Ontario.

One STVC, was red, and the other 2 were grey. The Eluder was a silver grey, I think.

So...four other of the clan out there.... :)

Too bad that I didn't get a change to talk to the Eluder rider or team. They could have been sitting on the open deck where we were, but I would have had no way of knowing that...:(
Nice. What you need is a nice Yamaha shirt so they could single you out. A few times I have had mine on someone would ask "you own a Yamaha". It won't be long before the Gray population takes over. Oh ya.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts