Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Very well done!!

What are the wind deflectors on your handlebars?

And welcome. Glad you didn't fall into the '09 trap of buying a blue one:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome and nice lookn scoot.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
The wind deflectors are "Desert Digits" made by the same company as the "Desert Dawgs" deflectors on the crash bar.

Thanks! Any chance you could post a close-up of the Digits from the operator side?:) But $150.00???!!! WOW!!

Yeah I've never been able to understand why Yamaha would color a bike blue--the color of glacial ice. Maybe that's the speed characteristic they share:D:D:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Any chance you could post a close-up of the Digits from the operator side?:) But $150.00???!!! WOW!!
Actually I paid just a little less but yeah they are not cheap. But I like the looks and they do help keep my hands warm. Well, not always "warm" but at least "warmer."

I'm looking through what I have uploaded and this is the only one I can find that sorta shows the back side of the hand guards. You can click for a little larger image.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice scoot you got there. I also like the base paint; will make RED stand out so much better.
When I was looking to buy there was a great looking red with ghost flames that really had my attention but I decided to choose a bike based on performance.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
And I'm sure the above are "fast" also. Yes good choice in color, start out slow and easy and when your ready for a huge boost in performance, paint it blue. I just hope your ready when you do. If you decide not to, I understand, not everybody has the ability to reach that extreme level of speed, most never come close, hence the color "red".

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
don't underestimate the color blue. there are many things that look great in blue.
Sure they look good, but are they fast?

And I'm sure the above are "fast" also.
Of course you think they are fast. You also think a blue bike can be fast, so obviously your perceptions are skewed.

When you want both looks and performance there can only be one choice:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts