Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday morning, holiday weekend has come...the labor(s) of Friday, now in the rear view mirror...

...just poured my cup of morning java, wife is packing our coolers with eats and drinks, two ice-water thermos's containing 72 ounces with ice...ya need to keep hydrated! :) as I type away.....our two Tour jackets, already sitting by the front door, as well as our tour boots...so let's see, it's now approaching 06:50, time for me to hit the 'water'...get out there, wake up Charlotte by turning back on the key block, back her outta the garage, open both tour bags, flip open the top trunk, and let the Beautiful Gal, start loading her up. She likes to do that, as she says, I tend to bury her 'stuff' that she uses while we take a potty/coffee, or drinking rest-stop for Charlotte. Her baseball hat...(she hates helmet hair!) Like,...oh dear...helmet hair, how will you ever live that down, while in the restaurant, or coming into register at the motel/hotel Oh...dear! Nope...the baseball cap goes on, as she stands right there, behind the open top tour trunk,......> or she doesn't move from the bike, lol. What a gal! :)

So...fingers fueled this morning by my first cup of 'joe'. 'joe' for Joe. Good team up!

Y'all have a great, safe and happy Labor Day long weekend. Ride safe...always...ride, to ride again! Always....

Weekender Joe bound for Gananoque, Ontario....the land of the Thousand Islands, happy people going about their business, on land, upon water....and that boat cruise...LOVE THAT BOAT CRUISE...sitting on the top deck, with a drink....love it! Later, a ride to neighboring Kingston, Ontario in the old quarter downtown, for dinner, a walk about...enjoying the Labor Day Weekend festivities, and oh...my...a triple scoop of coffee at the top, and two scoops of chocolate ice cream at the bottom of the waffle cone. This...my friends, is a tour tradition. It only means that once home, I have to swab out a few more stalls, put hay out into the hay feeder, cut the lawns, trim the bushes, fix some fences that the horses crib upon (look up cribbing if interested...lol) wash the deck, spray for hornets, go to Costco and make a run for dog and cat food....perhaps lug a rack of their sirloin to cut up back home as steaks...you know...the drill....to burn off those 'sins' from the weekend....

Have fun, people...get in a good mood. and keep it there....for I sure intend to....Charlotte, myself, and Dee-Dee...the three touring Musketeers! Have fun all...over and out!

Joe, the ice cream and coffee addicted one...

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Saturday morning, holiday weekend has come...the labor(s) of Friday, now in the rear view mirror...

...just poured my cup of morning java, wife is packing our coolers with eats and drinks, two ice-water thermos's containing 72 ounces with ice...ya need to keep hydrated! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif as I type away.....our two Tour jackets, already sitting by the front door, as well as our tour boots...so let's see, it's now approaching 06:50, time for me to hit the 'water'...get out there, wake up Charlotte by turning back on the key block, back her outta the garage, open both tour bags, flip open the top trunk, and let the Beautiful Gal, start loading her up. She likes to do that, as she says, I tend to bury her 'stuff' that she uses while we take a potty/coffee, or drinking rest-stop for Charlotte. Her baseball hat...(she hates helmet hair!) Like,...oh dear...helmet hair, how will you ever live that down, while in the restaurant, or coming into register at the motel/hotel Oh...dear! Nope...the baseball cap goes on, as she stands right there, behind the open top tour trunk,......> or she doesn't move from the bike, lol. What a gal! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

So...fingers fueled this morning by my first cup of 'joe'. 'joe' for Joe. Good team up!

Y'all have a great, safe and happy Labor Day long weekend. Ride safe...always...ride, to ride again! Always....

Weekender Joe bound for Gananoque, Ontario....the land of the Thousand Islands, happy people going about their business, on land, upon water....and that boat cruise...LOVE THAT BOAT CRUISE...sitting on the top deck, with a drink....love it! Later, a ride to neighboring Kingston, Ontario in the old quarter downtown, for dinner, a walk about...enjoying the Labor Day Weekend festivities, and oh...my...a triple scoop of coffee at the top, and two scoops of chocolate ice cream at the bottom of the waffle cone. This...my friends, is a tour tradition. It only means that once home, I have to swab out a few more stalls, put hay out into the hay feeder, cut the lawns, trim the bushes, fix some fences that the horses crab upon (look up crabbing if interested...lol) wash the deck, spray for hornets, go to Costco and make a run for dog and cat food....perhaps lug a rack of their sirloin to cut up back home as steaks...you know...the drill....to burn off those 'sins' from the weekend....

Have fun, people...get in a good mood. and keep it there....for I sure intend to....Charlotte, myself, and Dee-Dee...the three touring Musketeers! Have fun all...over and out!

Joe, the ice cream and coffee addicted one...
I deal with the SAME issue in the helmet hair! Lol!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I deal with the SAME issue in the helmet hair! Lol!
Well, we did seem to have a bout of female 'Helmet Hair'...for she was a humid one (at Gananoque and Kingston, Ontario)....this long weekend, but once we were moving, or got to the waterside, you really didn't feel it too oppressive. As we came home, westward bound, on Monday night, for about three times, the night stars cape disappeared, with what I thought was a precursor to rain, but even if that happened, once you have great wet weather gear such as Frog Toggs, you could be in a deluge, not a drop would soak into your clothes, so...no matter. I have already seen that the SVTC's OEM Bridestone's take care outta carving a way through heavy rain, so that again was no sweat. Oh...it never did rain, but I sure at times THOUGHT it was going to let loose. We did make it home, dry. There has been quite a number of deer that we've seen this year, at the roadway, or crossing the 401, Lake Simcoe County roadways, and that to myself, has been the truly important 'hazard' to have had to deal with since May. Is it the heat and humidity of this year, causing a greater number of biting bugs forcing them out of the dense forest coverage, I don't know...but Eagle Eye Anti-Deer Radar Woman, or Co-Rider for short, has done a spectacular job this year in avoiding us any conflagration with the Bambi's....and another great reason to have two-up on any ride!

So, another great riding experience aboard Charlotte sees an end to Summer, and opening of what truly is the most favorite riding Season for the both of us....the colors soon, to be seen, in the mid to late; Fall. This is why we look so forward to not only the dialed in heat for both saddle positions, but now...WONDERFUL---> for both the rider, and co-rider's lower kidneys and back just as well. This is the very first bike ever, that has full rider comfort heat available, right up to the mid shoulder blades for the co-rider.....gawd...gonna love that for her, and with the Yamaha SVTC OEM Tall Boy back rest, .... I now get it right to below the shoulder blades, closer to mid back. Close up the two foot vents, feel the gentle warmth from the monster jugs, taking care of below the waist, , adjust both upper and lower wind deflector vanes to veer wind from the cockpit, along with a dab or two of butt and back heat...and bring on mid to late Fall day and evening rides up north, bring 'em on, baby...we ain't afraid!

Our two most favorite rides is, as you guessed, Gananoque/Kingston, Ontario, as well as in the Fall, taking a run up to Wawa, Ontario, to say hello to the Goose, my wife enjoying her smoked White Fish, from Lake Superior, and for myself, the trip through Batchawana and Old Woman Bay, following the sweeping coastline of Lake Superior, on and up, toward's Wawa. On the way home, we take one last cruise of the year (yep, we love boating and water....in it, by it, on top of it....) by deaking along Hy17, over to Manitoulin Island, taking Mrs. 'Che', across to Tobermory, where once again, we park our bike and then climb the hillside overlooking the harbor in Tobermory, and take in great fresh local, English style, fish 'n chips.

From Tobormory in the morning, after Joe, meets 'morning-joe junior!'...sip, sip...balcony, sip...read the morning paper...sip, occasionally glancing out upon the Fall early morning mist, whisping upon and over Tobermory Harbor....(co-rider out in the parking lot grooming and packing Charlotte)...yes...she likes to pack Charlotte HER WAY...and just who am I to argue on any trip?!?!? LOVE IT! LOVE.....IT! You GO, Dee-Dee...you go, dear! Joe, and 'joe'....looking out once more over the morning mist of Tobermory Harbor...with the occasional sound of the motel/hotel room door, opening and closing...(oh, for the Zen morning silence of it all by the harbor, mist 'misting' whisping up, oh, just to savor it all, without motel room doors opening and closing!!!! ) about five or six times....man...REALLY destroys my morning Zen...but I don't want to squawk and destroy a REALLY GOOD THINGAMABOB! No sir....the door opens and closes, with swishing sounds of over night bags and sundry into the hallway...but...folks, I suffer that in silence....sip...sip....gaze...gaze...Sometimes, you have to be big about things....and just put up with it....

https://explorethebruce.com/explore/ms-chi-cheemaun/64/

https://www.algomacountry.com/touring/motorcycle/

https://tobermory.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=Batchawana+Bay&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:{referrer:source?}&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLyobzyaHdAhXD24MKHfJkATgQsAR6BAgEEAE&biw=2752&bih=1042

https://www.algomacountry.com/cities-towns/wawa/

....yes....and good morning on Tuesday, fellow riders...Life is good, always, coming back from any tour ride, and the 'green' is still facing up, staring you in the face! :)

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts