Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaning towards getting those double t drag bars. Yamaha makes one factory one, but I really don't like the dimensions.

Chubby's makes 3 different sizes with the metric riser spacing. They are 1.25" all around, except for 1" for the grips and controls. It looks like 1.25" will be a very tight fit with the rubber dampening washers on the V Star.

Has anyone ever installed bars like this on a V Star?

I noticed in pictures I find on the net, most people don't bother to route the control wires through the bars/risers. I definitely would want to do that cause it looks so much cleaner. I figure, I'll feed a piece of string through the bars, and then use it to pull the wires through.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I had a set on my bike for a month or 2. They mounted up just fine.

You can run the wires through the bars, it's kind of a big job, but doable. You'll need to drill holes in the bars for wire entry and exit, then cut every wire and spice in about 8" to 12" to make them long enough. It's not bad if you like quite a few hours spent with a soldering gun and shrink tubing

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You can run the wires through the bars, it's kind of a big job, but doable. You'll need to drill holes in the bars for wire entry and exit, then cut every wire and spice in about 8" to 12" to make them long enough. It's not bad if you like quite a few hours spent with a soldering gun and shrink tubing
This brand drills holes for you. The exit holes look tiny though. I think it will be well worth it for the clean look it gives.

I once bought a used car with no radio. When I went to install a radio I found that the original wires had been clipped deep under the dash board. I basically had to wire the radio to the car's existing wires blind. Just feeling them with my hands and figuring out which was which through trial and error and blowing fuses. After a job from hell like that, this will be enjoyable.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

What size drag bars did you get.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I really don't remember what the pullback was, I didn't like them all that much and resold them shortly after I put them on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts