Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,576 Posts
Was it on all the way. Years ago on another bike my side cover vibrated loose and was close enough to melt it. I'm on an 1100 and side covers are different so can't help much. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
that looks like the previous owner didn't have it pushed on all the way - there are two grommets upper right and lower left, and only the one bolt.

batteries only last about 4 years, so your battery has been replaced at least 3 times already.

Other than repainting it, I don't know what else you could do to fix it, other than replace it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the dealer replaced the battery when i bought it i was polishing the chrome and saw it was loose so i popped it back on thennnoticed the burn so not sure if i want to see if the dealer will replace it , or just tape it off and sand it down and paint it with high temp paint. Its not in a real visible spot so cheap fix instead of ordering another one. Thanks for the advice

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,576 Posts
Just an idea. On the 1100 the voltage regulator is below the battery cover, very close to exhaust. I lined the inside of the regulator cover with aluminum foil AC vent tape, not regular duct tape. The aluminum foil tape is heat resistant and reflects heat. I used it to reflect heat away from regulator, since heat and regulators don't like each other. You might be able to attach a small strip on your burned cover. The tape looks just like chrome. Anyway, just an idea to prevent future issues and "hide" burned area with chrome behind the chrome exhaust. It looks like this:

And can be bought at any hardware store:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/3M-1-88-in-W-x-150-ft-L-HVAC-Tape/4009603

1 - 5 of 5 Posts