Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
No video. Just remove all of the hardware except the fuel line and swing the tank (left side), over on a stand or whatever you have to hold it up in place while you work. The less fuel in the tank the better. That will give you access to the air filter box and plugs. Careful not to kink the fuel line when you move the tank - if it's brittle it will crack.
You'll have to pull all the airbox parts and hoses to access the plugs. It takes a little time but not difficult - just work slowly and take photos as you go...:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No video. Just remove all of the hardware except the fuel line and swing the tank (left side), over on a stand or whatever you have to hold it up in place while you work. The less fuel in the tank the better. That will give you access to the air filter box and plugs. Careful not to kink the fuel line when you move the tank - if it's brittle it will crack.
You'll have to pull all the airbox parts and hoses to access the plugs. It takes a little time but not difficult - just work slowly and take photos as you go...:cool:

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Is it much harder to remove the fuel line?
I had to replace mine because it cracked when I swung the tank over. It has one-time use clamps that had to be replaced. It's a pretty easy job. It was probably due to be changed anyway since it was original.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you can secure the air filter don’t put all the restrictive plastic crap back on. I got these nice little brackets from Ivan’s Performance when I did his ECU reflash
Grille Light Hood Bumper Automotive exterior

1 - 6 of 6 Posts