Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to purchase a new saddle and really leaning towards a corbin classic solo but before i fork out the $$$ it would be nice to here some input

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I have one on my 1100 and for 100$ it has been the best seat I have ever bought:D But it is the only seat that I have bought:eek:. I must say it a lot better then the stock seat(but I had no problem with it). From what I read the Mustang has about 50/50 approval and there is not much about the Corbin posted on forums but what there is is good with a much higher approval. I like my Corbin.:rolleyes: It fells snug and keeps me up right.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the corbin dual tour on mine and absolutely love it. This is my second bike that I have put a corbin on and I doubt I will ever switch to anything else.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've also got the Corbin Dual Tour and like it. The thing with Corbin is that their seats are low profile and firm rather than puffy and soft. Personally I think over the long haul firm is the way to go since they use high quality closed cell foam that molds to your shape. Try various types of seats if you have the chance to see if you like a firm saddle (Corbin) or a soft sofa cushion.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the thing where i live, I don't have a chance to try any,Corbin or Mustang... that's kinda why i'm asking.. My butt gets sore in a short time on the stock seat .numb bumb then it starts to hurt my tail bone

·
Registered
163 Posts
The Corbin is well made and much better than the stock seat. I can probably go twice as far before getting uncomfortable and recovery time is much less. However people with Mustang and Ultimate seats also love them so the question has to focus on which you would prefer. Think of it this way...would you be more comfortable sitting on a hard wood chair, or a softer overstuffed chair? Initially the overstuffed chair would probably be preferred by most, but the hard wood chair might actually be more comfortable over time because of the support it provides. Of course Corbin seats have cushioning so it isn't as hard as this example, but hopefully this gives you a sense of the situation. Anything you buy will probably be better than the stock seat so if you like a particular look or style don't hesitate to go for it.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the Mustang and love it...not too soft, and great on a long trip due to some firmness too. I had the Corbin on a previous bike and it was plush, for me too plush; as I like long rides...it made the ride pleasant until I hit the fourth or fifth hour then I could feel every bump and dip in the road. My biggest complaint was my inner thigh area got so sore from trying to keep my butt from bottoming out...also kinda hurt my calves from pressing on the boards to keep myself from hitting hard. Switched to the Mustang and probably will never go back....but as all others say...to each his own....

·
Registered
166 Posts
****Butt also...you need to get the dimensions and do some rear end and side depth measurements on your lower end....the best way to fit a seat is really to sit on one, understandbly that is not always possible, otherwise it is out with the flexible tape and do some measurements and compare your dimensions to that of the seat...a too wide seat or too narrow will ruin your ride every time.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife couldn't stand the passenger seat, so I went out and bought the ultimate setup (rider, passenger, back rest, and new large cushion for her sissy bar) what made me decide on the Ulitimate was the return policy. If not happy after 100 mile ride it could be returned. Well its not going back, I like it, more important she likes it, and it looks good. Ultimate was our choice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
geez guys now your starting to worry me on what i should do.. this is like a $900 gamble and a 4 week wait to even get the seat...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went from a sport bike to this one cus i wanted to do longer rides but so far i could ride my VFR a lot further..

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have the touring two up seat with heat, it seems pretty comfortable. Has to go back they forgot the studs that I wanted on the seat. Plus I want them to adjust the backrest to hit my lower back little more then it does. The Ultimate that I had on my RoadStar, adjusted more for the rider backrest, but I think they can get it nicer then it is now. Had issue with install, but after taking the locking bracket off and putting the washers under it to make it space just that much more it locked on with no problem, Thanks to guys on the forum for suggesting that fix. I've put long trips on it and been comfortable, and ridden about 4,000 this since mothers day weekend.
Ride Safe

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have a Corbin Hollywood Solo, and Love it...looks awesome and ride is supre comfy.........only issue is the extreme rear of the seat could use a little more padding as I feel my tailbone pushing against what seems to be the metal catch bracket .....otherwise, love it

·
Registered
65 Posts
If we all had the same butt, we'd all like the same seat!

There is no 'one brand is best' for everyone.

Worse yet, you can sit on one in a parking lot and still not know what it's like if you were to actually ride on it for an hour.

One of the most comfortable seats I had on my VTX was a Russell Day-Long...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts