Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the mustang touring seat on other bikes and it's great but it also pushes the riding position up and back (although I have not tried the day tripper). I was wondering if anyone has tried and liked other seats that have a close position to the stock riding seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Ultimate Seat (main, rear, and two backrests) on my 2012 Silverado. And I had one on my Yamaha 950. In both cases, I could not be happier. Super comfortable, resilient, great looking. In my opinion, the Ultimate looks far better than the Mustang.

My 950 was black and the non-studded seat was a good match, I think. My Silverado is white on which I attached the Ultimate STUDDED seat. The studs against white seem to give it a more dramatic (or whatever) look.

The main seat includes a detachable pouch, which comes in handy.

The set was about a $1,000. They will throw in covers at no additional charge if you buy the whole set.

The main office/shop is in Daytona FL, adjacent to the big Harley complex.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have purchased all kinds of aftermarket seats . Bottomline, they are pretty much the same. I'm too far forward and not low enough and these were low profile seats too. I went with the Dragger custom seat.should have done that from the start , But just found out about them two weeks ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
May not be for some . I've been on long and hard rides on a spring solo seat for years and got plenty of saddle sore to toughen my butt . Not to mention I ride 365 days a year , so that explains the numbness lol. My seat is called " painfully low " . Alex makes a more padded seat for those who need more comfort.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I love my Corbin...a firmer seat than Mustang when you sit on it but great for long rides. I have the dual tour that was made for Yammy so it has the nice star stitching too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ultimate is a very good saddle. For Europe its very expensive because sending and taxes makes it expensive.
I ride this saddle for 7 years and it never disappointed me. This year I had a ride for 7300 km and I never get tired. So who needs customer support? (joke!!) And its a part of the complete setup for your bike. Handlebar, floorboards and saddle can make or brake your comfortable posture.
In mine opinion it starts with the saddle. This will be your fixed point. The other parts can be easily modified. I reposition my floorboards for a better posture.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ride a 2000 road star.
I had a stock seat for 85 k .
I recently replaced the stock seat with a Corbin seat.
It's been great for this last summer (12 k.)
It's not softer than stock but to me it is more comfortable.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I,d looked for some pictures from E.D seats and I noticed some difference with the Ultimate seats. With the E.D. it lookes like your position is higher than the Ultimate. This could be a important issue for your choice. For me, the Ultimate gives me the ideal position. I,m sitting "Into" the bike instead of "On" the bike and I like that very much.

The E.D seat

The ultimate seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
14-Day Extended Test Ride

Just wanted to stop by and mention that we also give you a 14-day (from delivery) extended test ride on our seats. When you receive it, or have it installed by us - you have 14 days to ride as much as you'd like to make sure you love it. We don't like adding to a seat collection if we aren't a great fit for you.

Ride safe,

Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you, Dave. For us in Europe that doesn't work out. But we trade saddles, so that our college-riders can test the saddle anyway before ordering in the States.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an Ultimate on my R* & my buddy has one on his Strat. I think they're the best aftermarket seat available.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an Ultimate on my R* & my buddy has one on his Strat. I think they're the best aftermarket seat available. I had a Mustang on my 1100 & it was comfortable, but it put me closer to the tank & a little higher. I like the Ultimate a lot better. (I'll be waiting for my check)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts